Dual Ported Box for 2 Alpine Type R's

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 187
2 Type R's on the way and i am ready to make my box, but since i dont have the dimensions of the subs, i wanted to wait.. I cant wait any longer, so does anyone know the dimensions of a type R?

I want to make a ported box, and what would you guys recommend the dimensions be for 2 12"?

I guess ill put the port in the middle (1 big port, instead of 2 smaller ones on the ends) Let me know so i can start tomorrow, thanks!!!!!!!

P.S. Logan im expecting you to respond ;)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6916
:-) What kind of car? You can prolly find the stuff for the type r on alpines website.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
Trunk of a 1994 Acura Legend LS.. the alpine site is useless.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Can anyone show me some blueprints for this box? Logan any help? I have no idea how to get dimensions for it (2 type r's) and im debating between..

BIG PORT IN THE MIDDLE
OR
2 smaller ports on the side.

Desperate for dimensions!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6921
This would be the easiest way to build a box to your specs. why do you want 2 ports or 1 in the middle?

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=29&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=01&Vd= .12&NumW=1&Vb=2.2&Fb=109&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
because my subs are going to be standing up, not lying flat, and it will hit harder with one of those options as opposed to laying flat and having just one on the side.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
is this box too big?
34.5 x 16.75 x 14.5 ??

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11278
2cuft \ sub tuned 33hz slotported

i have tried both separate & common chamber with 1 large port with my Rs

single chamber & 1 port is louder BUT

separate chambers & ports give u a cleaner bass but slightly less louder

i would do them with separate chambers\ports .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
thanks rovin, is a 34.5 x 16.75 x 14.5 doable, i think its a little bigger than what you suggested, but do u think this setup will enhance the subs or just make them sound worse?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2264
Logan.. that box says....
Tuning Frequency: 109 Hz
Need some sleep?

How would the Type R's sound at 38hz with about 2cu..? What do they peak at does anyone know? I want to get in the middle range of peak SPL and SQ for my friend..

^didnt intend to jack this thread but since its on the Type R's... might as well add to the thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Naw u didnt jack it, any information I can get is definitly helpful.. Killa is ur friend building his own box? Ported? If so, does he know his dimensions yet?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2274
Yea he will be building it...with my help. I still have to design the PORTED box for him but i am thinking about 2cu per sub after displacments, one shared port in the middle of box. Im guessing about 38hz for the best SPL and SQ i can get out of them but i am still waiting for opinoins before i decide on tuning freq. Its going in a dodge neon. Ill let you know what i find out about these subs\box designs.. its always a P.I.T.A. to decide on how to build a box... expeccialy when its not yours and your trying to guess on sombody elses taste... lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us