Car resonant freqency?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 166
So i ran a couple tones and the loudest in my car was 45hz does that mean that the resonant frequency of my car is 45hz? My box is tuned to 34hz is loud as h3ll already but if i build another box tuned to 45hz would it be louder would it be worth it? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6910
no. 45hz is what your box peaks at. A box usually peaks around 10hz higher than the tuning of the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
oh lol so how can i find out the frequency of my car?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1292
I'm not sure on the methods, but I know it takes alot of testing.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2194
You gotta use a sealed box and run test tones, and I think the loudest out of those is the resonant freq of your car.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1542
from wat i've heard u've got to use several different boxes, and several tones. also, u can't have any settings that would affect it, ex. bass boost or something that makes it peak at a certain freq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
d@m i didnt realize it was so much work, i guess ill just leave it how it is i am happy with it. thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11887
a vehicle's sympathetic frequency is found using an RTA, a sealed speaker with a known response curve, and a pink noise generator.
you run the pink noise generator, producing the same output across the audible spectrum, watch the RTA and see where it peaks.
usually around 55Hz.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2275
You can also ask around.... I have been told my Blazer peaks at 46hz... which is also what i have been told my subs peak at.... so... perfect combo maybe?

Im not sure if that is true.. but i have heard a few people say that it peaks at that.. Post a thread asking about Freq for YOUR CAR maybe sombody did the testing already in one..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us