What should i get? price range cheap as possible......

Anonymous

hi i need the cheapest but good and high wattage sub and amp in my car fer under $200.00 could anyone help me on what i should get? anywhere on the internet

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 112
If i was you and you only need ONE sub than $200 will buy almost any GOOD to GREAT sub. Go with a 12" or 15". You could probably get a JL for $200 or you could find a very nice Rockford Punch HE2 at 400 watts RMS.

Bronze Member
Username: Blindell

Post Number: 29
he needs an amp too... and its hard to get much umph out of a cheap amp when running it at 4 or even 2 ohms..

Maybe might be lookin in the Sony Xplod range

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
^ DVC subs are your friend... you can get twice the bang out of an amp by halving the resistance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Sony amp (125$)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=3095685470&rd= 1

Pair of refurb sony 12's (54$)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50572&item=3096116510&rd= 1

Joe Average dual 12" box (19$)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945&item=3095625992&rd= 1

Joe Average amp kit (12$ish)

Add in shipping and your probably just over your 200$ mark...

Anonymous

i heard tht sony isnt tht good or good at all how long do they last u if u hardly use it?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2994
if you want cheap, you'll get cheap.
if you want good, you're going to pay for that.
maybe you should save more money. $200 isn't much of a budget for anything.

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 113
Whoop's I must have misread the question, i thought he only needed a SUB. You could mabey find something nice in the Rockford area like a punch Z or HE with a small 200 watt RF AMP.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Compared to everyone else, sony sux... but your not gunna get rockin stuff for 200$

However if all you want to do is have some loud bass, sony will certainly accomplish that

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3026
A single kicker comp 12" 4+4 ohm DVC sub and a JBL bp150.1

That may be around $200, but he'll still need the box for the sub, and wiring.

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 121
Are you sure $200 is all you can get. What happens if you wait awhile, how much do you think you can get. Because if you buy a Sub and Amp thats cool but there is still Wiring and a Sub box to buy. You would be getting some craptuff for $200 and at that rate and it would be senseless to buy it. I am even talking buying Sony, that would be your best bet.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 28
Sony is garbage, please consider kenwood for adequate system sound, yes, i am aware of the suggested $ range, for your pricerange if $200 is for everything you are looking at pioneer from canadian tire, 300w peak amp, 100 watt sub, wire kit, install, box, $200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us