How to hook one 15 to a jbl 1200.1??

Username: Bass321

Post Number: 3
I wanted to hook just one of my SE 15s up to my JBL 1200.1 amp and i need to know if it is possible and if so then how would i wire it up right?

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 20
Yes, this is possible think hard now, how would we go about doing this.
BRIDGE the sub.

someone
Unregistered guest
Bridge the sub???? amps get bridged not subs. Wire it in series parallel.

Username: Reaudio

Post Number: 4
thanks.. someone..

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 12
is the sub dvc or svc?

its probably svc, since that line of subs is more commonly seen this way. if thats the case and its 4 ohm svc then you would just wire the pos and neg straight to the amp. but if its 2 ohm svc then you would blow that sub in no time, since you could only wire it at a 2 ohm load to the amp producing 1200 watts rms.

if its 4 ohm dvc, then you would be kinda screwed again. you would only be able to wire it to a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. so you could wire it in series to get an 8 ohm load to the amp. if its 2 ohm dvc then you would want to wire it in series, because 1200 watts (when sub is wired in parallel to get a 1 ohm load) would be way too much power for that sub.

even 600 watts rms is way too much for that sub. it shouldnt be long until your out buyin another sub because that one blew.

Anonymous

very good point stick. Brian if you have another sub the same then you should hook up both so you don't blow that one.

Username: Reaudio

Post Number: 8
Actually the SE 15 is Dual 4 not Single. And it is rated for 650 rms so 600 wouldnt hurt it a bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 13
sorry i thought it was the Alpine Type E subwoofer. i forgot it doesnt even come in a 15", but the model is similar to what you said. sorry again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us