Tips on building a box

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 517
im goin to start the box for the apx 18 in about 30 mins when i get a tape measure any tips on it? its goin for spl i guess cuz we only usin it for now at 2 comps this weekend and someone is loanin us an amp for em

i got a sheet and half of mdf a router sander 1 5/8" screws and gorilla glew

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 995
Take your time. Measure everything two or three times. Once you make the cut there isn't going back. Use plenty of glue. Its what will eventually hold the box together. Make sure you pre-drill the holes for the screws so the MDF doesnt split. Also dont put the screws right on the edge. The main thing is just take your time. Nothing can ruin a box faster than someone trying to rush it and having a bad cut or something.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 520
well im not rushing i got until saturday morning to have to done and yea i got a drill and bits for predrilling and countersinking and i got the badass gorilla glue

Silver Member

Post Number: 997
Sounds like your set then. What are you going to be using to cut the MDF?? Table saw or just a Skil saw?

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 522
lol that is the only things that i lack is a table or skill saw so i guess im stuck with the router... should be an expirence

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5504
How did you come across needing a router and never a saw?? Should be the first tool anyone gets. Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
Thats what I was thinking. Should be interesting. lol

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 525
lol just found a good deal on a nice router one day and was like what the hell always planned on gettin a skill saw just never got around to it so router it is
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us