Sonic Electronix

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1920
This is getting ridiculous. I ordered an in-dash unit (that I wish I would have never ordered) from Sonic Electronix. I called before I ordered to ask them if EVERYTHING I needed for the install would come with my unit. The customer service guy replied with a, "Yes, you will recieve everything you need for the install." When the package arrives I notice I didn't recieve the wiring harness for my car. I had to purchase the harness for 140 dollars and ended up spending WAY more than I intended on.

Naturally, when you are happy with service you are going to leave a negative feedback. So I did. I left a response saying I never recieved the wiring harness I was promised, now I'm out 140 bucks. The reason I called in the first place was to be POSITIVE the harness would be sent because the auction said some GM cars harnesses cannot be sent because they cost too much. I would not have purchased the unit if I would have known i would have to spend 140 bucks on a damn harness. 140 bucks I didn't have.

A couple days later I recieve an e-mail from them that said this:

"What can we do to have this negative feedback withdrawn?
We gave free accessories, installation kit and antenna adapter (instead
of the harness). Unfortunately, the wiring harness did not fall on the
category of FREE since we regularly sell it at $69.99. Would it be ok
if we give you $15 Sonic Bux Store Credit to redeem on our official
website (www.sonicelectronix.com)whenever you want or, we can give you
$5 refund IF YOU MUTUALLY AGREEE to the withdrawal of the feedback,
which hurts us both, you even more with just seven positive comments.
I know is not a lot, but you should have read our policies regarding
our bonus offer.
Here it is."

I responded by telling them not to bother bribing me and that I made sure I would recieve my harness before I made the purchase. I also told them I would laugh when I recieved a negative feedback because I did what I needed to as a buyer.

I figured, okay one more e-mail and this will be over.

They came back with this e-mail:

"May I ask who told you that? I need a name"

Of course, I don't know the guys name. When you do business with a company with a very high feedback and you recieve word from one of their employees that you will receive EVERYTHING you need for the install you don't worry about who you talked to. So I told them that, and then I start thinking, "Oh boy this could turn out like the guy with INDO Audio or whatever on CA.com".

The next e-mail I recieved was a bunch of bull that read like this:

"We apologize for the inconvenience and bad communication. I would like
to mention couple of things to you.
First, You should have wrote down the name of the person who answered
you that. In the future I would recommend you that you do that with any
company you call. It helps to solve a lot of problems.
Secondly, when you got the order and did not see the harness you should
have contacted us and we would have come up with a solution due to the
misleading information given over the phone. It would have saved you a
lot of money.
Thirdly, before getting to any premature conclusion or reaction, call
and try to solve the situation. Communication on both sides is very
appreciated as well as a good constructive critic for the growth of all
of us, including yourself. In our case we are more than open to make
things right when it's our fault and it's proven with facts ( such as
names, times, etc)
Fourthly, I would like to clearly denote to you that the installation
kit, wiring harness and/or antenna adapter are offered as part of a
free bonus. This means that they can be given or not and we are not
held responsible since there has not been made any charge for that
specific item, but the head unit only.
Fifthly, you still saved money with us... If we would have not sent you
the kit and the antenna adapter you would have been forced to pay at
least fifty dollars more.
Lastly, We are not trying to bribe you as you mentioned earlier. We are
trying to compensate some of your expenses. If you think that that is
incorrect, then don't take it, but please don't get offended.
If you reputation is less worthy than your pride by not accepting to
take the negative feedback, we regret it but we'll respect that.
If you do not want to have any other business relationship with us, we
sadly comply to that. We will not force anything on you nor demand
understanding for a possible innocent mistake in mishandling
information.
If you analyze the situation, it was more convenient for us to sell you
the harness ourselves instead of having you do it somewhere else. This
would have given us more profit from the order. Yet, the mistake done
by our sales representative was out ignorance probably and it is
costing us to lose you.
Please accept our apology. If you change your mind regarding the
negative feedback, please let me know."

I figured okay well since they said they would respect my decision to not withdrawl then this sh!t is over so I just say, "Word, thanks for respecting me decision." So then They ask me to explain myself. I'm thinking this people must be retarded if they don't understand that. I simply replied by saying, "There's nothing to explain, thanks for contacting me. There's nothing you need to do."

Now I'm pretty assured that it's over until today when I recieved an e-mail from Square Trade, an online mediation service.

I got on the site and told them I would willing to withdrawl if certain things were settled. I told them if they would refund me 69.99 which is their price for my harness I would withdrawl the feedback and be happy to do business with them again.

I don't know where sh!t will go from here, but for now I wouldn't recommend business with these sorry f*cks, and I hope I jsut get a refund for 70 bucks or they leave me the f*ck alone.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5500
It always starts out friendly, then confusion, then frustration, then anger, followed by surrender. They play the odds because it's in their favor. I doubt you'll see the $70. Good luck though. Ecoustics should have a customer feedback section everyone can report these kinds of dealings in. Sorry man.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2222
did it mention the free wire harness on the listing? Wh mention it if they know its not included... just to trick people into it.... :-\

Gold Member

Post Number: 1925
It said free wirign harness, but some GM vehicles will not be available. I drive a Denali so I called to be 100% positive that I got the harness, and they told me I would. That's why this is bullsh!t, but I'm not punking out until I get sued, haha. The Square tradre thing costs them money to use, so I don't know why they wouldn't have just called out to me one more time instead of wasting cash to hire these f*ckers.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1283

quote:

we can give you
$5 refund IF YOU MUTUALLY AGREEE to the withdrawal of the feedback,

quote:

Lastly, We are not trying to bribe you as you mentioned earlier. We are
trying to compensate some of your expenses.

Sounds like a bribe to me......

Send your emails to ebay if they leave you negative feedback. I'm pretty sure they cant offer you money to "mutually" withdraw the negative feedback you gave to them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1928
No joke, I should do that... I'm pretty sure my ebay account is suspended... I'm gonna go look.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 990
Its a joke when you specifically ask them a question that would determine whether or not everything is included and you were lied to. They should refund you for that harness. Good job getting the word out about them though.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1820
Reece you should know that HUs don't come with factory harnesses....you think they're going to give away a 60 dollar harness for free?Please.You're right though about the sales rep misleading you but you should have known better.You've been around long enough to watch for scams and such,next time record the whole conversation just like most of those companies do,then they're fucked.Of course there are some legal issues that go along with that as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1930
I know that HU's don't come with factory harnesses. The auction included one though.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 994
Rob, it shouldn't matter if he knows that they don't come with the harness because he was told it did. It would be the same as if you were buying an amp off ebay and it said it came with the wiring kit and then they never sent it and made you pay for one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1933
Exactly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1825
No,there's a big difference.If he had a normal harness I'd expect to get one.He probably needs one with wiring for security,doors and maybe GPS/vid.That's like buying an amp and expecting to get a 0 gauge wire kit with everything you need.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 100
you got that from them just look at all the bad feed back they have that is something that they would do say they give you something free knowing they dont just to get a sale and 15 bucks fu** you give me my 140 you made me spend

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
"you give me my 140 you made me spend" They actually forced you to pay for the harness Reece?If there was such a big problem you should have bought the harness elsewhere.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1943
No... The harness the sell is only 69.99 (which I wasn't aware of until the e-mail because I was told I would recieve it). The cheapest harness in town was 140. So I was forced to buy that. Still alotta bullsh!t. I just requested for 70 bucks through that Mediation bullsh!t, hopefully they will comply. If not, I'm just going to ignore the rest of their e-mails.

I'm not ignorant, but when I'm told something by an employee I believe it.

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 225
Why dont you call back and predtend like you are going to buy another one that includes it and if they tell you it does get their name or names should you call more than one time and then shove it in their faces. Thats bs that they did that knowing you would have to purchase that item later if it was not included.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 509
Looks like I need to carry more headunits to help you guys avoid that crap. I carry JVC, Blaupunkt, and Panasonic now. Maybe I can get Kenwood and Pioneer :-)

Kevin

Sorry for your problems Reece, hopefully you will get it straight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
I never knew you carried HUs.Low-Hz needs a big update over there,what's your webmaster doing :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1946
No joke. Your site is awful, but your inventory is incredible, Kevin!

The unit I bought was panasonic, but I doubt you could have beaten the price, Kevin.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4003
when you relized you shouldnt get it you should have called them and said told them to send one out. if not just return everything or sell you theirs at half off

Gold Member

Post Number: 1947
That made no sense. Lay off the hash pipe and think before you write.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 443
yea i got screwed on sonic electronix, my mom buys me a premier 680 for xmas, i get it install it on xmas (dec 25), hook up my 4 channel and new speaks decemeber 30 or somethin. I'm getting a horrrrrrible whine, try alll this new stuff and w/e (didnt cost me anything) finally i call and they say send it back, what they didnt mention is that they then send it to pioneer to be fixed. long story short, didnt get it installed til like march 15

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 444
^^^by the way, i had to wait that long just for pioneer to fix an internal ground, btw awesome HU in the end though, great price too

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4009
yeah good point, what i was trying to say is that when you opened the box and saw they didnt send it why not just call them and ask them to send you one instead of going out and purchasing one.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 577
First off
You kind of got screwed reece, but people make mistakes. Your case was unique. It's their fault but I don't think they should have to give you 70$ the 15$ wasn't all that bad. With the 15$ your price was basically 70-15= 55$ for a 140$ harness. Thats really not that bad at all. I doubt anyother place would do that or even offer free wiring harnesses in the first place.

Secondly
"yea i got screwed on sonic electronix, my mom buys me a premier 680 for xmas, i get it install it on xmas (dec 25), hook up my 4 channel and new speaks decemeber 30 or somethin. I'm getting a horrrrrrible whine, try alll this new stuff and w/e (didnt cost me anything) finally i call and they say send it back, what they didnt mention is that they then send it to pioneer to be fixed. long story short, didnt get it installed til like march 15"

That is very common defect with all pioneer headunits. Pioneer headunits have a microfuse that can blow if you don't ground your headunit directly to the chassis when you install like it says to in the instructions. This causes the headunit to try and find a ground through the RCA cables causing horrible whine. It's an easy fix but somewhat ghetto. Just sauder or electical tape the 'amp ground' to the outer metal jacket of an RCA wire and stick it back in the hole. I know because the same thing happened to me with my pioneer p480.

Point being this isn't really sonic electronix's fault its pioneer's sheisty engineering. Also Pioneers slow turn-around time.

This is another reason why my next headunit will be eclipse.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1950
Dude you're not understanding me. They said they would send me the harness which is 140 bucks around town, and that I didn't expect to have to buy. After they didn't send me the harness I said f*ck it and didn't want to deal with them to get one, so I left a negative feedback. I had already gotten my unit installed because I was going on vacation and wanted to watch DVDs on the way down. I had no time to wait for another harness. They offered me the 15 bucks in Sonic Bux to their store.

Mat, like I said above, I didn't have time to wait.

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 169
order from crutchfield. h/u are decently priced and come with everything. i drive a sierra and i needed a harness to keep the chime system running through all the speakers. it cost me 39.99. and i drive an 06. plus i have the dash kit and antenna adapter. i will post picks of the h/u when it comes in. its a panasonic. anyone have any experience with these h/u's? sorry not tryin to steal your thread bro. lol.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 515
Ya I know, website is so vague. I am trying to get him to hurry up, he is taking a little while. What kind of deal did you get on that headunit and what is model number Reece?

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1846
"Dude you're not understanding me. They said they would send me the harness which is 140 bucks around town, and that I didn't expect to have to buy. After they didn't send me the harness I said f*ck it and didn't want to deal with them to get one, so I left a negative feedback. I had already gotten my unit installed because I was going on vacation and wanted to watch DVDs on the way down. I had no time to wait for another harness. They offered me the 15 bucks in Sonic Bux to their store.

Mat, like I said above, I didn't have time to wait."

Well if you ABSOLUTELY cannot wait for something then that's your problem.Supply and demand.If you need something sooooo bad that you can't wait I'll charge you every last penny you have and if you're DESPERATE enough to pay for it then it's your problem.Nobody FORCED you to pay that retarded amount of money for that harness.This is what happens when you wait last minute,you cause yourself all sorts of fun problems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1847
I know what they told you Reece but from now on always remember that the ONLY person you can rely on is yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 186
Lol thats weird, ive done over 1500 dollars worth of business buying items for myself and friends through sonicelectronix.com and have had nothing but good feedback. They have upgraded a lot of my purchases for free and were very informitive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1964
Rob, if you don't have anything to contribute to my posts besides your know it all bullsh!t then stay off my threads.

The thread was NOTHING about supply and demand. It was about the harness for my car being overpriced because I have Bose, On Star, XM radio, and a buncha other sh!t. The price wasn't the issue. It was the fact that the unit was supposed to come with the harness and it didn't. Pain and simple. And, the fact of the matter is not me waiting last minute, it's that the vacation just randomly came up.

Feel free to comment on how I should have planned my vacation better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
Well,I'm not the one crying to everyone about getting burned for 140 dollars on a fukking harness.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1852
"I would not have purchased the unit if I would have known i would have to spend 140 bucks on a damn harness. 140 bucks I didn't have."

C'mon bro...you mean to tell me you got a Denali skatin on 22's and you can't afford 140 bucks?That just doesn't seem right.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4016
return the harness you bought when you get back and get soundelectronics to send you one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us