Paypal help! PLEASE!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1919
Okay so I've never recieved payment on paypal before. What information do I need to give the guy that is sending me money? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6090
Your email that is registered with Paypal. For example, if you used johndoe@msn.com, then you need to give that to the person making the payment. Then he'll transfer the money to your account.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2215
^yup

You do know you get charged a fee right.. like 2.5% or somthing like that.. 2.5% is bidpay but paypal prolly the same.. i havnt read paypals exchange rate since i never recieved money on it.. just sent it lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6091
Paypal is a ripoff. They charge you a fee for selling, paying, and exchange rate. So in the end, you lose no matter how you cut it. If you pay cash, then you save some fees. I think they're worse than a bank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1921
So can the guy send me cash through the mail? I don't want to do a money order because people get scammed like that ALL the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2219
Have him send you a personal check.. or paypal really one of your only options.... Isaac you pay fees to buy things when paying with paypal? I dont...... they only take the money from the reciever for me im pretty sure..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1922
I've never paid a fee on paypal that's why im wondering... it's direct transfer to my bank account and im pretty sure it said it was free?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2221
Thats what im saying... it only cost you a fee if your recieving money from sombody else, if you take it from your bank your fine..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1923
it says it's free to transfer funds to the bank account... i guess i'll just tell him to send 335 to make sure paypal fees are covered.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5501
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

Gold Member

Post Number: 6093
When I say fees, it's really referring to the way Paypal converts the currency so that they make money. So in a way, you're paying a fee to buy and sell.
Reece I doubt you can make the buyer pay more cause of the Paypal fees. It's whatever the final price was on eBay. If the buyer is willing to pay extra then you'll be lucky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1926
no it wasn't ebay it was CA.com... how can you do paypal instant transfer? i'm pretty sure that's what i have because i verified my bank account on paypal

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11989
yeah when i get $5 dollars from someone through paypal, i end up with $4.55 after paypal fees.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1284
If you wanna do an instant transfer from your pp to your bank account, it does have some fee's. Otherwise you have to wait 3-6 days but its free.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5502
So say I stick 200 bux in my Paypal account from my linked checking account. It takes 3-6 days to clear(when it's free), then if I want to swap it back into my checking account I have to wait an additional 3-6 days??(When it's free)

Bottom line is two online transactions can take paypal up to 12 days to complete???

That blows metal chunks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1929
Yeah it does, but I don't need the money fast anyways. I can wait 3-6 days. Does it give me the option to do direct trasfer when I recieve the money or should I tell the buyer to do that?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1289
Paul, you dont need to transfer money from the bank account to PP. It automatically withdraws from your bank account when you buy something using PP.

Reese, when you get the money, you have to click on the "withdraw" tab on PP. It will give you all the options for withdrawing from PP to your bank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5503
Yeah I know Jesse, it's just that I have more than one source for funds. I have a few cc's that I could use and one of them is set as my primary, so if I want the $$ to come from my checking I have to manually add it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1934
Okay, so the verdict is that I can withdrawl the money for free as long as I choose direct transfer and I will have to wait 3-6 days?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1425
Paypal is real easy the fees are the only bad part. But if you don't need the payment instantly, consider using money order instead.

MO are better than Paypal since they can't bounce (they can only be bought with cash or debit card, no credit cards). With money order once you have it, you are guaranteed to get the money, unlike paypal where the buyer can file a dispute.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1936
Alot of people get scammed using MOs and it takes like 30 days for the MO to run through. So once you find out it's a scam you have already sent the item and the the scammer is outta town.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1427
Once you have a money order for a specified amount in your hand, it's as good as cash. The person who sent it had to pay for it with cash or debit card, neither can bounce.

The only way to get scammed would be if someone sent you a counterfeit money order......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1937
Exactly...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5512
Simple really. Just don't send anything till it's cashed. If they can't use paypal or don't trust you to send it afterwards just don't do business. In Jersey we practice defensive driving for a reason. Pretty much everyone else is a retard/goon. If you're the one buying it's your risk, act accordingly.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1428
That's pretty hard to do. US postal service money order have a watermark thats extremely hard to duplicate

Gold Member

Post Number: 6094
Not true M.S., the scammers are sending fake Money Order. So it's no longer as good as cash.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1942
That's what I was saying the first post about MOs, Paul. It takes like 30 days for the MO to run through but you already have the cash. Once they determine the MO is fake you have to pay all the money back plus like 10 bucks for the fraudulent MO. At that point the scammer is outta town.

I'm not all that worried about it because this kid is using his mom's paypal, so I doubt he is able to make or even know about a fake MO, but I guess I would still feel safer using paypal.

Now back to my last question. Is my verdict correct? Or am I stuck with PayPal fees

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1433
If you use paypal you will get charged the 3% fee.

You could also use a certified check, but that's essentially the same thing as money order, just from a bank.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1434
Remember though, with paypal if the person sending the money funds the payment with their credit card, they can file a chargeback with the CC company and paypal would have to reverse the payment.

It's actually less secure than money orders/certified checks......

Gold Member

Post Number: 6097
The ONLY way a CC can reverse payment is if the customer never received the product. As long as you send the item within a resonable time frame, banks will not intervine. So if you're an honest seller, ship the product, end of story.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1437
Most CC companies will take the cardholder's side even if they received the item but have a problem with it. They will do it since they want to keep you as a customer, and paypal has no choice but to refund the money. (what else are they going to do, stop dealing with visa/mastercard? don't think so.)

This is a real issue when selling stuff and taking credit card payments (through paypal or elsewhere).

Paypal even says on their website that if a charge gets reversed, it is out of their control.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6099
Not really true. Call your credit card and try it. They will clearly explain that, the only way they can reverse it is, if the product was never shipped. If it's damaged/lost/wrong product, they can't do a thing, and you'll have to deal with eBay/Paypal or the shipping company.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us