Best Install place

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 17
I just bought a JL13W7 already in a ProWedge box with a JL1000/1 amp already mounted on top and a capacator mounted on the side. All the necessary wiring is included. I also bought a Jensen VM9511TS Touchscreen 7" for my head unit. I need to get all this sh!t installed so I'm wondering if you guys have an opinion as to where I should take it. Some people say Car Toys/Tweeter/Best Buy/Circuit City, while others say take it to a no-name to save money. What are your opinions? How much do you think it will cost? Has anyone had good or bad experiences with any of the places I've listed? I'll put up pics when its all done.

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 203
I'd say best place is urself in ur garage IF U KNOW WHAT UR DOING

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 19
I know a lil bit, but It's over $2k system and I don't want to break something making a stupid mistake. Plus I don't have the time or tools.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 514
NOT BEST BUY OR CIRCUT CITY take it to a smaller car audio show that only does car audio/video and they will do u right

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 212
do it yourself and if you have problems just talk to people on here lol. there isn't a whole lot to it.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 321
Dont go to chain companies... they will charge yo whatever they want, like if you have an expensive equipment or car their rates go up, go to a small car audio shop and get it installedin there, i asure you they will give you a better price for the install and a good warranty

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 22
how much do you think it will cost at a local car audio place? I call them and they are all like ummm.. well it depends durr durr. they dont wana say (the chain stores are the worst)

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 516
if u really dont want to do it yourself dont go to a chain take ur car and equiptment to a audio shop and they should be able to give u a quote its all depending on how extensive the work is

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2205
You should of came here before buying it, for 2K you can blow that system away. Just look for a car audio shop in your area and tell them you can give them 200$ to install it... since its all assembled.. they just need to mount the HU and run a few cables... do you have a wire harness and mounting face for the headunit? Those will be needed..

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 323
well is hard to tell how much you will get charge, must audio shops will give you a discount if you put a sticker from them in your car, they will charge maybe around $200, plus the mounting kit and harness, and some places will only do the install with their own amp cables, if they tell you that dont even bother with them and just leave, because it is BS...

Bronze Member
Username: Jmh2004

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 94
$200 sounds about right for the stuff you have, at the shop i work at they give a discount on install charges if you buy their products though the amp kit has to be theirs to warranty it , but who knows jus drop by a place and ask they wont mind.

^^^^the owner stopped doing the stickers of the shop since people kept getting their stuff stolen and saying the stickers were the advertisements

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2439
Go to the crutchfield website and they have video tutorials on how to install your system. and no I will not find the link for you. =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us