Audioque or Fi??????????

Bronze Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 23
I plan on getting 2 12s or 1 15, and people have been saying positive stuff about these two brands often. Which one would be better?

2 12s: Audioque SD2.5 or Fi.SSD
1 15s: Audioque HD3 or Fi.Q15 maybe Fi.BTL15

which sub will hit harder and deeper?
preferably for rap/hiphop music?

would 1 15 or 2 12s work best?

how do these compare to these Kickers? (my old subs before my car was totaled)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DC12/s em/rpsm/oid/117694/catOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Bronze Member
Username: Dlavante

Tigard, Or USA

Post Number: 55
audioque and fi are waaay better than kicker

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 831
The bottom line is this... the HD3 and BTL both want way more power than you will have to offer without upgrading your alt/battery.

I would say the best bet for you would be to get one Fi BL15, put it in a 3.1-3.5 cu/ft ported box, and throw 1000-1200 clean watts at it. This setup will be brutal on rap in an suv, in the neighborhood of 140dB.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2438
I think Chauncey would be the best person to answer this question. He's tested the Q, BL, SSD, and Sd2.5. I don't think he's tested or hear the hd3 and btl though. But if your choices come down to the Q, BL, SSD and sd2.5 Chauncey's opinion will probaly help the most.

But if it was me in your situation, I would do two fi SSD's. I hate to jump on the Fi Bandwagon but thats just me :\.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 145
FI is popular for a reason, not a bandwagon.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 143
^^^ POST x2

I own a SSD 15" and everyone can tell my system from every one elses in this town. You can't go wrong with FI.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 432
To answer your questions, 2 12" SD2.5's will get louder than a single ssd. An HD3 will be a lot louder than a FI Q. An HD3 would be on par with a BTL SPL wise.

Both the HD3 and the BTL will be able to handle massive amounts of power, and chances are you won't be able to use either to their full potential without some electrical upgrades.

I have used an Hd3 before and they still get very loud and sound good with only 1000rms. That would be a good option if you want a lot of deep bass.

If you want to go with 2 12's though I would go with the SD2.5's if you want more output.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1466
It all depends on how much power you're running

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 490
wassup everyone???

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 572
nick v, u have a suv?

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 564
i heard that exact kicker comp box-sub u posted and they are quiet instead of loud lol

either other subs u posted with put a mudhole in the comps, i love both, AQ and FI

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4705
"I think Chauncey would be the best person to answer this question. He's tested the Q, BL, SSD, and Sd2.5. I don't think he's tested or hear the hd3 and btl though. But if your choices come down to the Q, BL, SSD and sd2.5 Chauncey's opinion will probaly help the most."

if im not mistaken, i believe i have seen chauncey say SSD over sd2.5...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1552
how bout 2 DD2512s? SD2.5 is AQ's version of them, so I'd say they'd b about the same and I could probably get them for you cheaper if your planning on buying these brand new.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1554
dint bump..

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
"nick v, u have a suv?"

I have a normal car.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 87
Nick V, have you gotten that SSD metered yet?
What kind of box do you have?
How much are you pushin it with?
I've been considering getting one.

Username: Firefoxxy

Bakersfield, Ca.

Post Number: 1
On the recommendation of a friend who has the 18 BTL Fi sub and absolutely loves it, I bought the 15 BTL Fi sub and put it in a 3.5 cu. ft. box powered by the 4000 watt hifonics 2006d amp. Also running 8 kickers for mids and tweets powered by 1000 watt MA audio amp. Yellow top up front plus a 5 FARAD compacitor... Haven't got to hear it yet, will pick it up in 2 hours, can't wait!!! What do you guys think about this set-up? It's going in a Ford Excursion.

Thanx,
Marcia

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
"Nick V, have you gotten that SSD metered yet?"
*Yes I have, on a TL, I did a legal test and hit 142.9 on music.

"What kind of box do you have?"
*Ported tuned to 31hz

"How much are you pushin it with?"
*Im pushing it with a Hifonics BXI 1206D wired at 1 ohm

"I've been considering getting one."
*Consider no more, you will NOT be dissapointed. It is the best bang for your buck.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 584
ur givin ur ssd 1200 watts? Do you have a flatwind coil?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 986
"On the recommendation of a friend who has the 18 BTL Fi sub and absolutely loves it, I bought the 15 BTL Fi sub and put it in a 3.5 cu. ft. box powered by the 4000 watt hifonics 2006d amp. Also running 8 kickers for mids and tweets powered by 1000 watt MA audio amp. Yellow top up front plus a 5 FARAD compacitor... Haven't got to hear it yet, will pick it up in 2 hours, can't wait!!! What do you guys think about this set-up? It's going in a Ford Excursion."

sounds very nice. good luck

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12130
Lots of different options all of which will turn out great

if i wanted 2 12's...i would get the SSD's with the FlatwindCoil..since they do very well sealed and ported.(even though the Sd2.5's would still be very close in both sq and spl but require a larger box)

If i wanted a 1 sub setup it would probaly be the HD3 for the same reason that showrides said..even with 1000rms the HD3 would be amazing...Not sure about 1000rms on a BTL.(maybe a waste?)and the Q only if space where limited and budget was tight

but then again...im not sure how much power you have?? Any charging system upgrades?? Overall goal of your setup?? Budget??? Space?? Etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
"ur givin ur ssd 1200 watts? Do you have a flatwind coil?"

Yes i do have a flatwind coil. The sub takes it like a champ.

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 176
If I have a closed trunk with seats tht don't fold down should I get sealed or ported and flatwind or copper coil?? (Or watever the other 1 is called) and which version should I get if I wana run it at 2 ohms bcuz my amp gives out 800 watts at 2 ohms...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3998
i'd go with the copper coils, ported, and dual 1ohm sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Explain 2 me why I should get copper coil and ported and is the 1 ohm version capable of being run at 2 ohms??? Thank u...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3999
copper coil (i believe) improves sq a little? and since your not running alot of power to it i'd get that over the flatwind since that improves power handling. but if planning on upgrading your amp i'd get the flatwind. ported tuned low for more output and yes the dual 1ohm vc sub will wire down to 2ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 126
[spam]
We will be adding the copper D1 coils to the SSD today/tomorrow as well as some other options for the SSD and Q series subs to up power handling for them.
[/spam]

Thanks and have a good weekend

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6957
spam? That wasnt spam?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I think since my budget is short, and I don't want to upgrade the powering system that I am going to pick out the Fi Q15 and run it with the Kicker ZX1000.1

How does this sound? Should I get this new "Copper Coil" everyone is talking about or not?

I've talked to some people and think they putting the sub in a ported enclosure will be best. What should I tune the box to?

Silver Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 139
With teh Q series subs, we do not have a copper coil option. With the size and length of the Q coil, the copper coil would weigh far too much to be useful. Its an SSD only option.
For most daily applications we recommend 30-33Hz for ported. You will definitely have increased output over a sealed setup... if thats what your looking for.

Thanks...
Scott

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 49
i just orderd a pair of 12'' SD2.5s. i cant wait, i hope there loud. there going in a 4cf box tuned to 35hz, how does that sound to you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I heard that with the Q series that it still has great SQ even in a ported enclosure, is that true? I am definately not going to bump real loud, will a sealed enclosure get loud enough with better SQ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I heard that with the Q series that it still has great SQ even in a ported enclosure, is that true? I am definately not going to bump real loud, will a sealed enclosure get loud enough with better SQ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
Yea I kno I want a sub tht has the spl of an L7 and gets real low like make b!tches have an org@sm type lowz.... is the Q tht sub?

Silver Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 146
lol... not sure about all that. And Im figuring your girl shouldnt be sitting on the cone... thats not covered under the warranty ;)

Qs are a nice all around sub. They drop well and surprise most when you get into them with some power. The SSD has been the bassrace sub of choice from Fi, but with Frankie running the Qs in his Lexus, he absolutely blew people away with what they could do and how good they could sound... even in a walled off bassrace setup.

Thanks...
Scott

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
So your saying what I would be wanting is an SSd not the Q

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 853
steve i have 2 sd2.5's in a 5ft^3 box tuned at 40 and there very lound and sound good too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
So your saying what I would be wanting is an SSd not the Q

Silver Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 147
It looks like you mentioned above that you have 800W to work with at 2 Ohms... if thats the case, then you would probably be best served with the D1 copper coils in an SSD. Itll drop low and sound good doing it. While you do not always have to run RMS to subs, a Q probably wont have much more output or benefit at that power level over the SSD, and why pay more if you arent going to be getting more out of things.

Unless you are looking to swap amps out for something larger, or have bigger ambitions for more subs and power down the road... I think the SSD should work well for you.

Thanks...
Scott

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
scott was good with that discount on some ssd's??? lol

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 148
Remember install is a huge part of the output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us