Battery Terminals....Nuts and Bolts? Haha

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 402
I don't know if it is just me, but damn I have run into a milion and one problems. Anyway, so heres the latest problem...

I have two amps....1 powering the speakers and one powering the subs. Problem is, the terminal which has the screw comming out of it, is too short for me to get both amps run off of it. One fits nice and snug...but with both on there, i cant get the nut to secure it up back on...

Anyone had this problem?
Is it a standard nut and bolt, or is there something special about it?

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1367
its like a square on top if ur talking about the same thing i am

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11249
pix of what u referring to ???? .......

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 403
i lost my cable from my camera to the computer...:/ haha sorry...but im sure someone else has had this problem...or maybe its just my car AGAIN because it is the most difficult car to put a system in

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2206
Mike, i think i know what your saying. You dont have post's in your battery but you have Bolts instead.... You can either buy longer bolts (stinger sells them) or you can buy POST TERMINAL's that screw into the battery, then you can just buy some battery clamps to use.. hope that helps.. (if not.... Get a bigger gauged ring terminal and soder\clamp both wires into the one instead of using 2 (thickness of 1 now :-) )

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11858
you need new terminals and battery posts that allow for longer "bolt" threads.
www.partsexpress.com
order up some pretty gold ones. they aren't that expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us