Alpine or kicker

Bronze Member
Username: Mack1989

Post Number: 16
Hey everyone,

I was sold on the Alpine type R 15" but now i have heard and seen alot about the kicker cvr 15".
It seem to be cheaper then the alpine and also less rms wich would save me money on an amp. In the proper built box running on its specified rms rating which sub will be better. Would it be worth saving up a little extra money and gettign the Alpine or will the kicker be just fine?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 820
Heard alot about the cvr? From who lol? They are loud pieces of sh!t basically. Why limit yourself to just those two choices anyway? If you are willing to save up the extra hundred bucks or so it will take to get a type r, just buy a Fi Q15 ($279 shipped) and you will have the best of both worlds. Another option if you want to keep the price down would be an Audioque SD2.5 which run $149+ ship. Both these drivers would be fine on 700-800 watts for normal daily.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 865
^^^x2

Fi makes great products that you will love...not to mention the prices are not significantly higher than the Alpine or Kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 314
i would recommend the Fi Q (for SQL) or Fi BL (for SPL, but i would give them 1000 watts, and more for the BL, but if money is a problem go with the Fi SSD cheaper and would do great with a kicker zx750.1
BTW i just ordered a Fi Q, and i have been doing research on what woofer to get since september last year, so im prety sure that Fi makes great products, if you have never seen one go to youtube.com and there are some videos of their drivers in there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I have also heard alot of audioque and Fi, the only issue though is do they ship to Canada and if there was a problem would it be hard to deal with due to my location. I was thinking that if i stuck wiht a bigger name company, although it cost more for less of a product it might be easier to deal with. But the audioque and Fi subs are deffintely now an option and i am leaning to one of them. I have heard great things about their sound quality but as far as SPL can they dish that out to?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3892
have only heard the q but for a sq sub it can get plenty loud. can only imagine what a bl or btl could do. and yes they ship to canada, have seen it posted on their forum before. just get hold of scott (owner of fi) tell him where you live and he'll give you a shipping estimate.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
awesome sounds great i am deffintely interested in the Audioque or the Fi. Lol one last question to bug you guys compared to a type R how loud will it be. It will be in the back of an rsx which is a hatchback.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3893
what sub are you talking about exactly?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I am refering to either the 15" ssd or the 15" audioque 2.5, ( cant remeber the exact name)

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 315
it will get raped... lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
ahah thats all i have to knoww right there. I know i cant go wrong wiht either the Fi or the Audioque but if i had to pick one as my final choicee what would it be? I think the Audioque is cheaper then the Fi is it not?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
And also can either of those subs be wired to 2 ohms to get the full 750 watts out of the zx 750.1, Or if you guys have any other suggestions for amps let me know, price range would be up to about $250.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1318
"i would recommend the Fi Q (for SQL) or Fi BL (for SPL"

i would reccommend either one for SQL. i have heard a Q and im running 2 BLs right now with probably less than 1000 watts apiece and its the loudest and best sounding system i have had personally and happens to be louder and sound better than almost everything i have heard in my town.

bottom line, the BLs sound amazing for something you and several other people have reccommended for a "SPL" driver.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1319
both audioque and fi sell great woofers. you really wont be dissapointed with either one.

i personally like the simplicity and overall looks of the fi subs though.

i think dual 1 ohm coils will give you a final impedence of .5 and 2 ohm.

i have a nice concept amp that does 2000+ at 1 ohm for 200 bucks if you wanted to get two subs. dont know your plans though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
hmmm thats sounds very tempting, what is the details on that amp, i have never heard of cencept before. Used or new?

Bronze Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 35
i would stick with the Alpines

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
what is your reasoning for that?

Bronze Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 40
they put out alot more. but if you have a certain price range then they could be a little $spendy$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well the 15" is like 200-230 so its not to horrible at all, but it seems like alot of these guys love Fi and Audioque. Dont knoe exactly why never heard there subs for myself but everybody seems to be promoting them pretty highly. Maybe there just advertisign and sellign these subs but alot of these guys seem very trustworty.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3909
no advertising at all. great subs at a tremendous price straight from the manufacturer. also excellent customer service. go to any car audio forum and ask of these companies, you'll get the same responses. just wait, once you get one you'll start a thread thanking everyone who recommended you these.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
ohh no i was not accusing you guys iof advertising at all. What i was really trying to say was that even if there were one or two of you guys that were advertising which im not sayign there is, the ton of threads i have seen supporting Fi and Audioque could not all be advertising. I would never accuse you guys of advertsising when you are just trying to help i am sorry if it came across that way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Well im thinking that Fi ssd 15" sub running on a zx750.1. Ported enclosure tunes to about 33 hz. How will this sound, im looking for that deep pressure on your chest bass. Or would the sd 2.5 be a better choise?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us