Why does my amp keep shutting off

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 36
i got the rf 401S and when its hot outside it shuts off. should i get a fan???

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 82
i got the same amps, never shut off on me, what is your setup, make sure you're running in the impendence of the amp.

nater_5571
Unregistered guest
check your ground that should be the reason it keeps shutting my amp kept doing the same

Anonymous

why not start a thread in THE AMP TOPIC

Silver Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 109
I've never heard of people puttin fan by their amps. Most amps either come with build-in fans or have heat management systems like any JL slash series. How long dies your amp stay off? Does it come back on after you power off then on your head unit? How long have you had your setup and when did the problem start? Dayum I think i asked you more questions that you asked us lol

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 27
Some people do, but if the connections and impedance are correct and the amp is o.k. it shouldn't be an issue. Where is your amp? if it's in a hatchback and the sun beams down on it, it can get hot enough to go into protection.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3158
most times I see a fan setup used on an amp rack is when the amps are mounted under plexiglass or in a sealed sort of enclosure like that where they get no natural airflow.
In that case usually there are push fans at one side, and pull fans at the other side to force airflow over the amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 40
alright. my independence is fine as well as the ground. it shuts off for about 20-30 seconds. it happends 2-3 times a day, but thats only on hot days. o and i forgot to mention that my power cord is very long and is wrapped up, does that make a diff.? also should i get a fan?

Unregistered guest
okay heres the deal. cut some of your power cable. then i am guessing you are running more than one sub. and even if you are not. what is happening is that your amp is yes over heating. there are diffrent classes of amps. im guessing yours is an "A". they are not ment to push a driver. a class "C" or "D" would work best. they are much more efficiant. so in regards to your question you could put a fan in and it might help. but your amp will still be running pretty hot all the time. wich i wouldnt think would be good for it. so next time your in the market for an amp buy one with more power or a higher class. hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us