How Many DB will i hit?

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 74
Ok i have an 18" eclipse titanium pro sub, this things a monster ok, its 3000 watts rms 5000 peak, quad 1 ohm voice coil, and has an x max of 4", this is in a custom box that is built exactly to its specs, i am currently purchasing a Memphis Mojo 4kw amp which is 4000 watts rms @ 1ohm and is 1 ohm stable obviously, this will be sitting in my 1998 ford expedition eddie bauer edition, this suv is huge, anyways, my buddy owns an alternator shop and i will be getting him to build me the biggest alternator he can make, i will have as many optimas as i need (not sure yet) and all the other equipment i need (if i need capacitors etc) i will be running two runs of 1/0 gauge wire through the expedition, and to the chasis, and will be doing double runs of 1/0 gauge when i do the big 3, how many dbs to you think i have a chance of hitting if i play all my cards right, and set this all up properly? my brothers friend had 2 jbl 18's 1000 watts rms each nothin special, pretty ugly sub with a couple good amps in his hatchbacl civic and he blew out his windshield, do u think mine could break a window or at least make the door move in and out lol? let me know thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11945
your friend must of had a crack in the window to begin with.

also its impossible to guess the numbers. but i would say you will be between 145-150 for sure. possibly over 150 if you built a pure spl box. as for bassracing i would say you would be somewhere around 140-145.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1782
In a good install with that sub I'd expect to see anywhere between 140-150 DB-box-no wall install.In a wall and if you throw more than reccomended power at it you'll see higher numbers.The only reason people break their windows is from a pre-existing crack spreading due to the pressure or when they blow the entire glass out of the seal and it shatters when hitting the floor.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11946
hahaha rob. i beat you to it. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1785
Bast@rd! :-(

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 856
Hey...are you picking that amp up thru Ronnie?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11953
Upload

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 75
yes i am getting it thru ronnie... is that ok? ive never dealt with him before, is he ok or will he rip me off need to know gusy thanks, and o yeah so it is possible to blow the windshield out then?

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 76
and what can i do to make this equipment to produce more dbs, make a wall? get another eclipse sub?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1509
i talk to him often. seems like a good guy. I also sell stuff for him.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11960
yeah ronnie is a good guy. so is jordan. jordan is da man. lol.

when are you gonna step it up jordan and put some serious power on your 9918?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 197
damn everybody is getting a 4kw through ronnie

...........so am I...haha dirty south deaf squad represent

chad did you get yours from ronnie?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 937
your box is so vital to your numbers. if you tune really high you will hit a big number but it will peak very easily meaning a ton of your music will be quite but a couple notes will be really loud. however if you sacrifice high tunning for low tunning you can get mildly loud at most all frequencys and will sound better, this is what most people do for a daily driving vehicle and the earlier strategy is used for competitors

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 77
ok so i should buy this amp from ronnie? and is this a good amp fer my sub? should i jus sell my sub and get somthin else, and o yeah can u guys tell me what xmax means? and after u explain tell me what the "xmax" is on ur subs? thanks

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11964
no. i was going to until i found someone locally. i figured it will be better for me cause i don't have to wait and if something happens he is only 30 minute drive away.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 938
xmax=excursion typically measured in voice coil overhang. some brands dont list XMAX because they measure xmax in a diffrent way (8mm in the gap). its not too terribly importnant for ported applications but its huge for sealed subs

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 78
ok well can somebody tell me if this ronnie guy will rip me off or not i dont want to blow 500 bucks

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 857
No abslutelty not. He is a good guy, as all these guys have been saying.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 712
"when are you gonna step it up jordan and put some serious power on your 9918?"

yeah jordan lol be a man and get some real power haha jp, but u need to get that electical sytem up and going cuz i wanna see some vids

Silver Member

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 199
Chris M: Ronnie is a great guy, he WILL NOT rip you off.....but I do want to ask you thing.....what is your connection to him?

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 777
185.2 dB

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 862
That would be me matt

Matt - what's your connection?

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
DiRtY SoUtH DEAF SQuAD member

and how do you know ronnie?.......haha

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 863
I have just been talking to him for the last few weeks. I was impressed by what he is trying to do with the sound competition scene and I wanted to help him out however he needed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
does ronnie post on this forum?.....I've only spoken with him on the termpro forum

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 864
Not really. He has a few posts in the for sale forum, but that's about it.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11970
he is on termpro forum all the time.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1805
Wow anyone else see the face in Chad's pic?Is that your reflection Chad?UploadUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
I know he is on termpro all the time, but I was wondering if he was on here since ben knows him and I haven't seen ben on termpro

ben, are you a member of the termpro forum?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 872
No I am not. I found him here when he first came a few weeks ago, but he hasn't been around since then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
ooo

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 79
yeah i figured it would hit around 187 lol, anyways i guess ill go ahead and buy from this guy, does anybody knowwhere he is located, thanks

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
can i join def squad, is there a deaf squad north? if anyone knows i will pay full to join, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 549
dont get optimas u need kinetiks optimas suck balls like 800 amps for the price of like 1500-2500 amps on kenetik depending on the prices u can find

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 87
well i live in canada im not familiar with kineticks and only reason i said optimas is because i know the guy who is very high up in the battery business and i can get yellow or redtop optimas for next to nuthin, like 40 bucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us