Infinity: new amp lineup

Username: Knightforce83

Charlotte, licolnton, ..., NC USA

Post Number: 1
hey guys.

check this out. i'm a big infinity fan from years past. i still love the perfect series subs and component speakers, and hell, the reference series speakers and subs are very hard, quality wise, to beat for price on entry level equipment.

that being said:
what's the deal with the new reference series amps they've come out with?
and whats the deal with them using the CEA 2006 ratings already.

I'm looking for the low down reguarding them (and other potential amps that might be coming), but there is no info to be found on the net yet. heck even the infinity website doesnt talk about them even making amps!

back in the day i ran a beta digital 300 amp and it was really powerful, but i had issues with the dual power and ground setup and i hated that there was no low pass filter on it.

anyhow i've heard one of the new amp:
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8865&qp=0&oid=92940&m= 0
its got a good bit more power than the audiobahn a8000t intake amp.

but if anyones got the low down on the new infinity amps and the CEA 2006 ratings PLEASE let me know.

thanks

stupidrsx
Unregistered guest
Dude, i was wondering the same thing. Last month i decided to upgrade the system in the RSX-S. I have purchased some kappa coax'es for the doors, and now I am onto amps. I just bought a 98 series punch 75.2 and 55.2 new in the box but now I am thinking an all in one amp was really the way to go.
I have seen the RF series on sale on ebay , the 5 channel ones for 270, which isnt that great of a deal. Now I see this infinity four channel on circuit city's website for 3 bills and it has 114x4 or something. That is some serious power for that kind of money. I would really like to see the insides of this amp to see how it is constucted.
Its either that or a MTX 4 channel " 50 " watter. I just wonder how underated the MXA4004 is . Or if MTX still underates their amps a lot like their old 97-98 road thunder amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us