5.25" components in Explorer

Username: Fearthisskyy

Carrollton, Texas United states

Post Number: 2
I just got a Ford Explorer and I wanted to change out the factory speakers which are 6x8"/5x7". I have been checking out speakers for the past couple days and I've become familiar with some name brands. Currently, I am leaning towards the Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 ($254 @ onlinecarstereo.com). I heard mixed reviews on these components and want more feedback from people who have heard them.

I would appreciate any other suggestions for components that are in that same price range ($200-300ish).

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 400
the $190 dollar polk 5 1/4" db5250 comps are on sale for $120 at cardomain.com

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 570
The kappa perfects are good but not worth the 250$ your thinking about paying.

www.sonicelectronix.com has some cheaper prices on them I think. For 250$ you could get some nice Diamond Audio HEX.

Post Number: 3
thanks for the website, they are cheaper there. I have two other prospects now too, the Focal 130 A1 and the JL Audio XR525-CSi.

I was wondering if anyone ever tried using a 6x8 component? and if those are effective in comparison to circular components?

Post Number: 4
I am also looking into the Diamond Audio HEX, and I've heard that the midbass is great but the tweeters can be harsh. The perfect system to me would have clear tweeters/highs since I am installing a pair of kappa perfects 12dvq in the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 578
^^ if you think diamond tweets are harsh listen to a pair of infinity kappas lol.

Diamond tweets aren't harsh. Especially if you buy the HEX set that comes with the silk tweeters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us