The Betta Tweeter

Bronze Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 70
Hey guys,
I see 2 tweeters that im interested in on Ebay. One is by Infinity and the other is by Boston. Which company would you perfer?
Thx

Anonymous

Depends on the tweeter type. Infinity sells I think three different types of tweeters. Their textile dome tweeters, CMMD, and they might sell the aluminum from the perfects, but I'm not sure. Boston also has soft and hard dome tweeters. I like Infinity's tweeters, but a lot of people find them to be harsh, it's all where you mount them. Hard domes are more accurate, but CAN be harsh. Soft domes have a smoother sound with a little less accuracy.

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 71
What do you mean by harsh? and less accurate?

Anonymous

Harsh meaning that they can hurt your ears at high levels. Less accurate meaning that they don't produce higher frequencies quite as optimally (natural sounding).

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 76
What specs do you look for to determine what tweets are harsh or less accurate?

Anonymous

Specs don't tell you a lot. Harshness determined by listening to the set, what's harsh to someone else may be perfect for you, kinda like certain people have certain things (like styrofoam) that makes their ears hurt. Some cheaper sets may look good on paper, but in real life are harsh and metallic sounding. Some just don't produce good treble. My recommendation is to go to an audio shop that carries them and listen to the component set that they come with. You can also read reviews and see what other people say about them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us