OT: Who has a Wii and wants cheap games?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 492
I have 2 copies of Blazing Angels and getting rid of one. Someone bought it for me not knowing I already had it. I'll take $40 shipped for it. I have a Sonic and the secret rings as well, it has been played for about 4 hours but my g/f doesn't like it and I don't like adventure games so it can go as well. $35 for it. If you want both, I'll do $70 shipped for both. I have Call of Duty 3 too, and will let it go for $30 shipped, I beat that one hehe.

Kevin

On another note, who has a Wii and do you like it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6063
Wii is alright. It's really for non gamers. The graphics are like kid's drawings compared to PS3 or Xbox 360. If it weren't for the joystick/suckers, it'd be at the bottom of the ranking.
Seriously, if Xbox 360 or PS3 came out with the same controllers, Nintendo would be at the unemployement centre.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 962
^^That is very true, but they didn't. That's why Nintendo went that route, they know they couldn't compete with the regular consoles, look at the gamecube.

I own all 3 systems, and i'll tell you right now playing tiger woods on the wii is hands hands down the best version to play. Certain game are just better for the system. It truly is a great system and priced very fairly. Lets also not forget the build quality of Nintendo products.
PS3 is going to flounder, It's got nothing more to offer that the 360 never produced over a year before the ps3. If that even makes sense, i'm just saying don't count out the Wii

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4399
ull see that in a matter of times the ps3 will smash that xbox

some games of the ps3 are alreadymade they juzz need people to buy more ps3 to shipp them....

did u heard about the new home from the ps3???? and ps3 its comming up with some youtube thing that in alot of games u make your own lever and let other people play it juzz like youtube..... u upload yoru thing... and people will see your video but instead of playing watchin

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 493
Graphics aren't horrible, they are ok, but not kid drawings. some are, but thats few games. PS3 screwed themselves cause of the high price. they lowered price 20% in Japan but when USA markets asked, their response was, "work harder". I will NEVER by anything from playstation again. I am selling ALL of my PS2 games and my playstation.

Kevin

PS: Bought me a Xbox 360 yesterday hehe. I see command and conqure was coming out for it, so it was a win, win for me :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6065
I sold the ps2 and the games to get ps3. I did all the math to see why ps3 cost so much. If you take Xbox 360 and add all the features, it'll end up costing at least $150 more. I'll give you a quick break down.
PS3 = HD
60GB HD
FREE account for playing on internet
FREE Wireless network, SD card reader
1080P graphic
VERY quiet fan/CD drive
$659 Canadian.

XBox 360
20GB HD
DVD quality (not HD)
Very noisy fan/CD drive (I found it annoying)
$499 Canadian

Now you add $59/year for subscription (could get higher when they raise the price)
$89 for wireless
$200 - $350 for HD DVD
I haven't seen 60GB HD upgrade for XBox yet, but I'm sure it'll cost at least $300

Now if you do the math, PS3 is cheaper with more hardware value. Sure XBox has more games, but if you see the ones that's coming out this year, PS3 has killer graphics/games. They all cost $69 Canadian so you're not saving.

Right now PS3 games aren't that great cause it's not maximizing the hardware yet. XBox 360 on the other hand, is being maximized, so it can't get any better.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, try a game made for 1080P on a HD TV.

I'm not being biased towards PS3 (have both system). Next time you're at BB or CC, take a look at XBox and PS3 side by side. One of them will sound like a cheap dvd player.

Another thing, PS3's controller has motion sensor. Not bad with games like Baseball 2K and Tennis. XBox doesn't have any.

I agree Nintendo Wii is a fun system for the family, but wait till PS3 games catch up to the hardware. Then Wii's graphics will seem like kid's drawings in comparison.

If Sony was smart, they should've had another PS3 package with minimum hardware configuration for under $300. For example, instead of 60GB, offer 5GB, no wireless, no SD reader, cheaper parts inside (like Xbox 360), and charge membership just like Microsoft. Then it could've competed with Nintendo's Wii.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4727
ps3 is done for. i told you lilrob, they have it in stock at all my stores and no1 is buyin them lol so why would you say they will beat microsoft when no1 is buyin sony? microsoft is the king of software and advertising, sony is eh.. people that do have the ps3 dont even play it

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4728
and issac, you have you look at the new xbox elite now, being 1080p 120 gig harddrive (twice the size of ps3's) for only 479.99. comes with headset (another price add-on to ps3) and you get xbox live (which ps3 online flops horribly) and the HD-DVD drive is something really for pref. some people dont want to get a HD-DVD meaning that sony is FORCING you to get the blue-ray where the HD-DVD for 360 is optional (which is the way to go) since blueray is whats causing sony so much trouble in the first place, they should have put it as an add-on -- they would have done better

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4729
and the 360 isnt maximized yet, microsoft says around 65% maximized

Gold Member

Post Number: 4404
the new elite its not full 1080p it has expanded 108p output means that it will only take 720p and scale them at 1080p and will never take full native 1080p because of the xbox hardware its impossible.... no u wron bassman microsoft its around 90%maximized sony its about 10% or 5% see bluray already won stadistics show that people are buying bluray and not hd-dvd that why xbox claimed they will not put a hd-dvd on the xbox because hd-dvd its bein otusold by bluray.... and for you information xbox 360 will never have full 1080p..... to have a 1080p game u need at least 10-20gb of storage the xbox can only play from dvd (4.7gb) for your information the resistance fall of man its about 10gb right now.... gran turismo will be at around 10-15gb and the new game of the dragon lair will be at around 30gb... all xbox games wont give you 1080p.... they are only scaled to lower resolution and the xbox 360 have to upscale them to higher resolution because of the size of the dvd.... not even a 2 hour 1080p movie will fit in a standar dvd with 5.1 sourround sound...

with this info u already know microsoft its done for....

and ur sayin sony its forcing us??? no dude thats the evolution in life..... once we got tapes then dvd now we are gettin bluray and no its not the way to go.... hd-dvd already lost the battle go search google hd-dvd and bluray and ulls ee wat im sayin.... microsoft already accepted they lost the battle....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4405
for every ps3 60gb sony its loosing at about 200-300 bucks man... if it was an add on sony will not lose the 200-300 and sitll be priced at that amount..... so its like for every ps3 we are gettin a bluray player free......

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4730
" microsoft already accepted they lost the battle...."

LOL lmao, microsoft is the richest company in the world, and they are just gonna lay down and die and say "we lost" lmao that was a stupid comment.

people are fine with HD lil rob, there is NOT a big diference between blue-ray and HD-DVD, i have seen both and i can say blue-ray is a lil better. nothing to be jumping around about, thats for sure. 90% of the public is fine with HD-DVD and believe they dont need anyting better for now. in the future (5-10 years) HD will be gone and blueray will be the choice. but for now, blueray didnt win anything, thats why sales are not up to par with HD-DVD still.

and i dont know why you were mentioning all the gigs and stuff of the 360, because we are talking bout the elite, which has 120 gig HD

since no1 is buying ps3, they lost... stop looking at the stupid potential of the ps3 and face the fact that no1 is buyin it -- meaning no1 wants it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6067
Bassman3, you jumped the gun too early. Lot of people are waiting for better games before investing their money. I was going to do the same till I got a good deal. Go to gamespot.com and check out the new PS3 titles, as well as screen shots. XBox 360 is good, but as many gamers will tell you, PS3 is better in graphics. 120GB is great, but I'm sure you're aware, it doesn't make the graphic processor any faster/better.
Anyhow, the point I was trying to make was, PS3 isn't overpriced if you look at all the options you get for the money. You can't honestly say XBox's dvd player is better than PS3? The build quality is not even close. Don't take my word for it, look at the game system reviews, all complain about the noise.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 560
"microsoft is the richest company in the world"

rofl

Sony is worth more than microsoft dude. They don't just make software. Try alot of the movies you see, home entertainment electronics, albeit shitty but car electronics. They make freaking everything.

Heres a list of fortunes 500 companies. The worlds BIGGEST companies.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2006/full_list/

Sony is number 65. Microsoft is number 140.

Sonys got tons of money to keep the PS3 afloat. Not that they really are hurting anyways.

Whose consoles way outsold all the other consoles last time? Sony did.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4407
i was tlakin about the media of the xbox 360 the bluray acan hold up to 50gb maximun of storage the xbox media 4.7gb it will never be impossible to get full hd out of the xbox.....

and ye smicrosoft its not the riches and have no power agains microsoft they juzz have the riches man.. sony if instead all of their owners had juzz one owner it will be richer than bill gates....

ps3 already won man

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 963
^^ How has the ps3 won already ?? as you said games aren't even out yet for. We can keep arguing these points over and over but it all comes down to opinion and I doubt anyone is going to change.

Isaac, I will admit the 360 is damn noisy though ? I don't even use it to watch movies, takes away from them.

I don't think bassman meant microsoft being the richest in the world, in a literal sense. Your running out of arguments so your picking on the stupidest things...

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 965
BTW, Isaac your a fellow canadian you must watch hockey. Whos your pick in the playoffs ?

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 205
my nintendo 64 puts in work

Gold Member

Post Number: 6069
Ottawa or Calgary Flames (cause of their goalie). Those Pens might bounce the Sens though. They don't have a goalie, the one they have is not proven and the guy's too much into goth.
For those doubting PS3 games, try gamespot.com and check out the new titles. That's what I'm waiting for. They don't get released till 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2007.
JC, XBox sounds like a jet taking off during dvd play. And as you recall, most people have that box on or near the desktop, meaning your ears will be close. On PS3, you can hardly hear it. These are the little things people tend to forget. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. XBox 360 is a nice machine, when compared to PS2/Xbox/Nintendo etc. PS3 is like in another class by itself. Too bad Microsoft didn't put quality as top priority.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 964
Ive played Wii and the biggest thing I didnt like about it was that the controller didnt always work the same as your arm was moving. Especially on Tiger Woods. The club would ALWAYS start to come down before you started to move your arm down. Not a huge deal once you get used to it but just one of those things you notice about something.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4731
i really mean to say that microsoft is the best advertiser and knows how to capture the market alot better than sony...

and issac, you talk about the upcoming release games... do you not realize that most of the "best upcoming games" for the ps3 have been moved to multi-platform? so many ps3 games have gone multi-platform, hmm

Gold Member

Post Number: 6075
Of course I know, but that same game on PS3 looks better. Remember, XBox 360 NEEDS Sony for competition and vise versa. If not, look at XBox's 1st generation games. They don't even come close to the new upcoming releases.
Although Nintendo Wii was the clear winner when it came to units sold, sooner or later, those Wii owners will realise that XBox 360 and PS3 are in a different league. They will get sick of low res games and will want to upgrade. In the end, everyone wins. This is why it's never a good idea to kill competition.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6076
One more thing, since I have both systems, I can and am able to compare the quality side by side.
I know some testers biased cause they only have one machine.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1797
"Although Nintendo Wii was the clear winner when it came to units sold, sooner or later, those Wii owners will realise that XBox 360 and PS3 are in a different league. They will get sick of low res games and will want to upgrade. In the end, everyone wins. This is why it's never a good idea to kill competition."

Dude Wii was not ever intended to be visually stunning.Why are you confused about that?It's all about being interactive and Wii is just that.I don't own ANY of the systems personally so I'm not biased either.I would get PS3 over 360 for the Blu Ray and I'd get Wii for over all fun factor.Don't compare apples to oranges,it makes no sense at all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6077
I beg to differ. It's not apples and oranges cause if you read the reviews/upcoming games, Wii/PS3/XBox will all release SAME games. That means Wii owners will sooner or later look at what PS3/XBox has to offer. It's human nature to get curious and want better things.
I DO know Wii was never meant to be "visually stunning." The minute Nintendo releases titles that are available on other platforms, they are in a sense competing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1798
Well I like Wii for the motion sensing controls.I can't remember if PS3 has that but I know that it's lacking either the feedback or the motion sensing...I forget so help me out on that Isaac.I myself will buy a Wii just for Super Smash Bros Brawl.I don't think that will come out for those other 2 systems.Super Smash Bros Melee is now supposed to be an EVO game or so I've heard.Tourney play FTW. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6086
Rob, PS3 has motion sensor but it's not as advanced as Nintendo. It is however, similar cause MLB 2K uses it for batting, same with Tennis.
I thought of buying Wii like 100x but after reviewing the games, it just wasn't worth it. Once you're used to 720P/1080P, you can't go back to 480P. Plus, it was always sold out. Maybe if the system drops below $200, then I might buy one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1804
Like I said I don't own any of the 3 systems but my brother owns a 360 and my cousin owns Wii.The 360 is visually stunning running on HD(Playing GOW) but I still prefer the fun factor of playing DBZ Budokai 3 on Wii with the motion sensing moves :-)If I want stunning graphics I'll stick to my PC,far better than any console can do,also FPS games are waaay better on computer,a mouse and keyboard is much more precise than a controller.DPI settings FTW,although you can adjust sensitivity on some games,I still don't like controllers unless it's for a fighthing game.Then they take the cake.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 647
issac the ps3 operates way louder than the 360

Gold Member

Post Number: 6088
Derek do search on google on PS3 vs XBox 360. You'll see the same conclusion by almost every player about XBox being too loud. Let me ask you a question, when was the last time you played PS3 AND XBox 360 at the same time? Not at a store, but in your room?
Rob, when Nintendo lowers their price, I'd probably get one too. It's a good tool for getting fit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1809
^Not bad for browsing the web either.

Bronze Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 31
wat about nintendo 64 or the classic netendo
http://www.kennethfejer.dk/images/nintendo.jpg
yea....

Bronze Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 32
nintendo*

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 967
I also own both systems, actually I own all 3. In my opinion the graphics are really not that different, actually The PS3 seems darker and not as detailed in the games i've played (nhl 2k7, and need for speed). The 360 is definetley louder than the ps3.

Isaac, I don't think the pens have good goaltending in fleury, he lets in some bad goals. I think the Sabres look good, but of course the Canucks will go all the way with the Sedins up front and Luongo in the back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6089
JC, wait till the "newer" games come out. The current games aren't maxing the PS3 yet. This is why I'm not buying any games right now.
Both Sens and Pens are high scoring team, but Pens are like the new kid, eager and willing. The Sens on the other hand, have bad history and waiting to choke. I don't like their goalie either, he's too busy with goth.
If Sabres play with speed then I think they can go all the way, plus they have a good goalie too.
Since the only Canadian team that had a chance all year was Canucks, I hope they make it. I don't like Sens cause of Heatly. That guys is like a pest. I remember when he broke Maple Leafs player's hand with a slash. He didn't even get a penalty, and didn't even apologize either.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2604
MIcrosoft by far has more money than Sony, lol. Matter of fact if the US supreme court didn't break his monopoly up Bill gates had the potential of having more money on hand than our country as a whole and we are one of the richest countries! Microsoft will eventually produce a unit that will eat the market, remember Bill gates if fairly new to this and most of his games are based off the PC games sooo I think he is doing a pretty dam good job, JMHO... POlo. :-O

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 507
I just wanted to know what peeps though about the Wii :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
Wii is for me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 234
unfourtanitly i work at walmart.. we cant sell our ps3 especially now that sony won't let P O R N be on their medium (blueray) (not sure but wasnt that the downfall of beta which was better than vhs ) By the way did you see the controller ps3 scratched after nintendo released pictures of theirs Cough copy cough..
Anyways im not paying $600 for a gameing system that im not going to play that much and the bluray player may be wothless in the future if you use it to watch bluray movies if hdd beats out blueray then what wasted at least $300 for a bluray player..
i know some thinking blueray is better than hdd well beta was better than vhs look who won
/rant lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6095
Guy, take a look at gamespot.com before you say PS3 isn't worth $600. Like I've mentioned before you're getting lot of value for that amount. When was the last time you saw a HD player for under $600? Did you even see a Blu ray/HD dvd movie yet? I purchased Ultraviolet to see how much of a difference Blu ray had over reg dvd. If you're aware of the reg res, its around 480p, Blu ray is 1080p. If you can't picture that, then think of VGA resolution 640x480 vs 1024x768. Surely you can't say they look the same?
I strongly recommend that you invest time/money on PS3/HD dvd before you say something isn't worth it.
I however get where you're coming from. Before I made my purchase, I had to do lot of research to see if there were any value for $600. In the end, when you add up all the things you get, it's a bargain. HD DVD players cost on the average $600 - $1200. PS3 is under $600 USD.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 235
issac you talking to me?
if you are ive seen a hd player for $400
but like i said your paying partially for a bluray player wich equals money they didnt have to put into it which could have lowered the price.
im sure it has patrs it didnt need if it wasn't able to play movies

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 969
Isaac , Exactly I hate Ottawa as well, Heatley is a bum and a murderer actually.

I wonder which one is going tp las HD DVD or Blu ray

Gold Member

Post Number: 4424
why u juzz dont go to gametrailers and watch the new sony surprises so u can see xbox its already fucked.....

resident evil for the p3 have u seen the demo???? if not dont say nuttin about hd and graphics because ud otn know wat graphics is...

another have u seem lair in hd???? if not dont say shyt cuz u dont know wat graphics are...

and with resident evil and lair ont he ps3.. graphics jzuz went to a whole next level that not even a pc cant provide.....

and have u seen the extras sony has??? how abotu home??? u know wats that??? xbox achivements are don home its gon kill the achivements and with the home virtual game always free and super cool damn no wonder why sony its gon be the winner at the end....

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 579
Isaac really is right. It's just the fact average people can't justify buying a PS3.

You get a HD blu-ray player and a Cell-broadband processor not to mention more for 600$. The processor alone is worth close to that. It has 8 processors on one motherboard. You can install linux on the thing and use it as a very powerful PC. Overtime I think everyone will see its value. I just think its completely stupid for someone to try and argue it costs too much money. Maybe saying "its not worth that much money to me" is more appropriate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4425
^^^^ not only that with the cell processor but actually with the rsx.... the rsx its more powerfull thatn two nvidia 6600 ultras in sli mode... with that juzz u dont have one hell of a gaming machine.. but also a pc.... and super great media device
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us