Is this a bad idea for mounting my subs?

Username: Silveradoboy

Post Number: 9
i am building a custom sub box that is going to be plexi glass atound the sides so you can see in, and my subs are going to be firing down. but when i mounted my subs i realized it looked really bad and was wondering if i mounted my subs this way if it would just be a horrible idea? look at the pictures the one with the sub screwed down to the bottom of the box is the way i dnt want to do it the one on tob is the way i i was thinking about?

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got Serious Wang H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1650
nice box man..

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5425
I had the same issue with my box. You know what? I decided I had to go with mounting it from underneath like the bottom pic. Why? It made it impossible to remove the sub later without dismantling the box. It doesn't look bad.

Username: Silveradoboy

Post Number: 10
thanks for the comment on the box but yeah but do you think it might wreck the subs? because I have never seen someone try it so i though about it but i cant decide cause it just looks weird either way you know. but if you have any other ideas on a way to mount them let me know but i appreciate it!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2142
as long as the combing isnt rubbing it should be fine... test it out first without the rest of the box on assembled, with free air. If it rubs make it bigger or mount it he other way?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us