Quick Finishing Questions!!! :-) YAY!

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 395
Alright so I am finally almost done. Should be today or tomorrow (if this doesnt get answered quick enough:-)Anyway, quick quetsions. I am running a NINE.1 amp to 2 10 inch Arsenals. 3 questions?

What is remote turn on wire? Is that the only thing it is called or is that just audio terms? Just a regular copper wire that surges power correct?

The speaker wire that I am going to run from the subs to the amp...I am running the Nine.1 which pushes around 1200 so what should I use, what guage speaker wire?

Any also, whats the wire diagram for running 2 dual 4 OHM speakers down to 1 ohm.

Thank You!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1357
Remote turn on wire gets connected from the amp to the remote wire on the back of your HU.

Speaker wire doesn't need to be real heavy gauge since it carries AC current. I always use 12 gauge but smaller will work.

To run two dual 4 subs at 1 ohm, wire everything in parallel. That is, connect all + wires to the amp's + terminal and all - wires to the amp's - terminal.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 801
1) The remote turn on wire is the wire that signals the amp to turn on. It is run from a fuse or wire up front that gets power when your car is on and sends the signal to the amp to turn on.

2) I would go with 12 guage. Anything over that is overkill if you ask me.

3) Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 802
Damn you MS! Beat me to it!

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 164
remote turn on wire is just a wire going from your headunit to your amp and tells the amp when to turn on.

I dunno about the size of wire you should use though. right now I'm runnin 200 watts and i just used some extra wire that came with my components which looked like either 12 or 10 gauage.

the12volt.com man whenever you need to check what load you'll get.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

also i just think of it as parallel will give you half of one of the voice coils. and series will just add the voice coils together. so far it's worked everytime. so in your case you have two dual 4 ohm subs so take one sub and wire the coils in parallel so half of 4ohms is 2ohms. you have two subs so wire those in parallel and half of one of them is 1 ohm. i dunno if this works in every case but it hasn't been wrong yet.

I'm hoping to do sorta the same setup except with 2 12" arsenals in a tcab on a sundown or a nine.1. unless they upgrade the power handling then i would probably go with the sundown.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 165
lol during the time i spent typing that other people replied.

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Thanks so much!

I don't think i phrased my remote turn on wire quetsion correctly though. What I meant to ask is...if I go into a radio shack or something, do i just ask for REM remote turn on wire? or is it just a copper wire?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1360
What do I win?

For remote wire you just want general purpose hook-up wire, very light gauge is all you need, like 20.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
i just realized something....i never thought of how to actually run those wires in between the speeakers...Do i just use spliters or strip the wire and connect them all in the terminal..

FOr instance, in the rockford fosgate model, on the left, its shows a wire from the positive to pisitve terminal on one sub. then out of one of the terminals it shows a wire going to the amp...do i just have to wires comming out of that terminal or do i have to split them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us