Walmart?

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 11
my sister heard my system in my truck and now she wants to put an amp in her car. i dont really want to go through the hassle and order off the internet so i was looking at walmart. From where i live i only have the choices of buying from either radioshack (carries boss), walmart (pioneer, lightning audio, vr series, sony) or a lil music shop (higher end pioneer, lower end mtx). From what i hear i should probably stay away from boss and sony because i dont want to get ripped off. So out of these choices what should i choose? My sister gets a discount from walmart because she works there. Its only 10% but its still a discount. So what do you guys suggest i get?

Anonymous

MTX or pioneer. Those are your most reliable choices. If the MTX are road thunder, then you're better off getting Pioneer. If they're the thunder series, get MTX. Road Thunder are easy to tell because its red.

Bronze Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 65
Is there a near by town you can drive to to get something a lil better? BestBuy carries RF stuff..... its not the best but its better than anything you can ever get from wal-mart.

Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 3
i know legacy is pretty good to

Anonymous

Not really (referring to Legacy). MTX is the better out of the choices. Rockford Fosgate and MTX are on par. (Thunder vs. Punch series, anyway)

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 108
If your Wal-Mart carries Pioneer than go with that but you should really think about internet or EBAY orders. You will get a much better deal for a Much Much Much better AMP. Plus all those choices.
JL
Kicker
Rockford Fosgate
JBL
Legacy
Pioneer
Lanzar

someone
Unregistered guest
Man, how could you put Legacy and Lanzar with the rest of those names?

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 13
im not looking for top-of-the-line stuff. I just want maybe a 300/150 rms amp and 2/1 subs.

Username: 172_db

Ky

Post Number: 4
lighting audio is a subsidary company owned by rockford fosgate.
walmart sells 1000 watt peak 400 watt rms dvc 12's that pound hard as hell actually. 98.00 bucks a piece. there not competition material or anything but one of the 12's in a sealed box pointed towards her trunk would probly but real good. grab up one of the 1000 watt(maxx) pioneer amps walmarts carrys and one of those 12's
kthx

Anonymous

SHUT UP lighting is not worth a crap.

172 +- db
Unregistered guest
lol
just replace the alternator man.

Anonymous

you really need to go to a nearby city if you have one. for me the nearest town to do any thing is 1 1/2 hrs. so travel shouldn't be an issue. if she wants a decent system eclipse makes good subs and aren't TOO expensive. try a 12" that'll handle about 200 watts RMS, sealed box with max volume for the sub and get a fosgate amp. that should please her.

Anonymous

new alternator?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us