THE BEST 6.5's

Jack Offer
Unregistered guest
I'm looking to upgrade the 6.5's in the back of my acura integra, what should I get? I need the best bass producing speakers (I realize I need subs for this btw, I know 6.5's arent going to impress anyone with their bass). I'm looking to spend under $125.

Jack

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2942
my best suggestion is look at a company like Morel, at their component midbass 6.5" drivers..
slap a pair of those in back.. they'll give amazing bass response for the size, and with no tweeter, they won't ruin your front sound stage.
use passive filters for those midbass drivers, with low-pass 2nd order (12dB/octave) XO frequencies of about 3KHz.
that'll make those 6.5" dedicated midbass drivers that will roll off naturally to the subs when you add those.
that's what I'd do.
also, if its possible, run them in mono, not stereo, to avoid ruining the imaging of the front stage, too.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
yes and you can order them now... email me now (+handling charge+shipping costs+tax's)
jay amaro

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2952
e-mail you, yet you never have an e-mail address listed?
anyone dumb enough to send you their credit card info deserves to get ripped off anyway.

Jack Offer
Unregistered guest
Any other suggestions besides the morels? They seem to have an outrageous sticker.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2970
that's because they're good speakers.
look at anything that's well made, and a dedicated midbass driver.
quite a few companies make separate components, but most of them will be a bit of money.

Username: Kragan

Post Number: 6
you could take a look at image dynamics. they have a 6.5" mid bass driver available. Not sure on price though.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
jayamaroirocz28@yahoo.com there you go glass!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3011
well at least now people can actually e-mail you if they're interested.
you really should register an account, Jay. then the email would be linked from your name.

Jack Offer
Unregistered guest
jay email me rustydud at yahoo, im interested if they are in like new or new condition, i dont know if I can put up the dough though...

i dont really see what advantage these speaks have over the other ones...they seem only to add some little thing on the side and thats it...I'm not convinced they are any better than the standard, straight up 6.5s by themselves...

What speakers would you go with for under $125? I heard the rockford fosgates are good from a circuit city guy...

Jack Offer
Unregistered guest
Ok, what is the deal with these "midbass drivers"? Where are they typically installed? Are they installed in the place of the 6.5's I have in the back? Do I need to push them with an amp?

Thanks a lot
Jack

ple
Unregistered guest
Glass,
"
my best suggestion is look at a company like Morel, at their component midbass 6.5" drivers..
slap a pair of those in back.. they'll give amazing bass response for the size, and with no tweeter, they won't ruin your front sound stage.
use passive filters for those midbass drivers, with low-pass 2nd order (12dB/octave) XO frequencies of about 3KHz.
that'll make those 6.5" dedicated midbass drivers that will roll off naturally to the subs when you add those. "

I was thinking of adding a pair of midbass 6.5 in the back i.e. Peerless CsX or Adire Koda, but I was going to band-limited to the the midbass range ( 70-~500 Hz).
I have a couple of questions for your statement above:
1. If you Low pass with the XO at 3-4Khz, wouldn't that be the same as the midrange driver s in the doors?
2. Does what I plan to do make sense?
Thanks

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 4
hope you don't mind me throwing in this fine peace of danish quality:

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 5
ohhh,forgot to add that this fine babes can handle up to 150w RMS continiously.....;)

Jack Offer
Unregistered guest
"Ok, what is the deal with these "midbass drivers"? Where are they typically installed? Are they installed in the place of the 6.5's I have in the back? Do I need to push them with an amp?"

No one has answered my question yet lol...

AsianBond
Unregistered guest
where to buy the 6 1/2 midrange drivers, they are not listed on the online stereo shops, they only list comp and coaxials

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
jayamaroirocz28@yahoo.com
all your needs met here...
legacy amps from $399
sony xplod subs from $379
16gauge wiring kits from $219
email me now

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
had loads of orders, many thanks guys just made my first million bucks...
jay amaro.

rip off man
Unregistered guest
how much????

Silver Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 105
hey jay.... ive got $500 can you sell me a fuse for that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us