Help please with Amp and sub power

Unregistered guest
hi there i have a 4channel 2600w peak amp and 2 700w subs i also have 2 300w 6x9s. I want to connect them all to my amp. I am currently buying a wiring kit. Could anyone tell me whether plugging the subs straight into the amp willl blow them or whether they will use only the current that they will need. Any help would be great as you can tell i am majorly confused and dont want to damage any of it.

Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 6
it wont matter all it means is the subs will be throwin out 2600 watts peak. but i would not put the 2 300 watts up to it bc that might hurt it, i would just stay with the subs

Unregistered guest
what kind of amp and subs are they? Are the 700 watt subs peak or rms?

smokeit
Unregistered guest
ok i have a directed 1100d. i am not sure which subs i should get and of course every dealer that i talk to has the best subs i was leaning towards kicker solo baric or jl audio w7 but not sure. any bad familiar with this amp and does any one have suggestions.

Username: Warped

Post Number: 5
jl w7's slam really hard i saw them post a very high number the w7s should hold about anything you put to them.. wattage wize, i would leave the 6x9's off the amp... and just run the subs make sure you turn down the amp some because the 700watt subs if its peak.. will only be 1400watts and your amp pushes 2600w.. almost double the wattage the subs can handle..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us