Heard of this?

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 419
I was hookin up an amp in my car at this kids house and he installs for his job and he told me I could really clean up my ground with a GROUNDNUT.....I've never heard of one and he was having trouble describing it to me? Any help?

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 420
?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 812
never heard of it but just ground it like you reguarly would and make sure its metal to metal and if that works then you shouldnt need GROUNDNUT

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11219
what kind of groundnut - did he mean pistaccios ....

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 368
how is it grounded now?

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 421
Just sanded down the metal under my back seat and took the grounds and screwed em down really tightly, haha idk, ill ask him again and post a pic or somethin if i hear anythin else about it. thanks for tryin

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 369
That is a good method... chances are, any other grounding method would prove to be less effective... or at most marginally better.

One thing I've seen in this industry... most folks think they know everything because they have even a small amount of experience. I have been guilty of this myself.

One very important thing in car audio, and life in general, is to simply ask WHY... and does that make sense? The problem here is, to truly answer these questions, you have to have an understanding of HOW things work... not just "red is positive, black is negative"... or "I know mah ohms!!!". This understanding takes lots of research.

Car audio is a very in depth field, and unlike other trades (i may catch heat for this one, heh) there are no TRUE trade schools, and there is no true apprenticeship. You don't go to college and learn how to install, the idea sounds crazy.. but its no different than learning how to frame a house.

These forums don't help the situation.. people learn how, but dont understand why.

So, in the future... don't ask the question here, do the research and find out *why* any grounding method is better than another. You will find you have a better understanding of all things electrical if you understand why you ground the way you do... same thing with the inner workings of an amp... etc etc etc.

/rant :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us