Whats the most ghetto install you've seen?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11889
there is this one dude with a tahoe. he has 1 solo x 15 and 2 L7 15s in the back. the solo x is in the middle. the box is 3 chamber sealed. custom made by his friend.

anyways, he has 1 kx1200.1 for the solo x and 1 kx1200.1 for the 2 L7s. he has a 4 gauge amp kit going to the back and that splits into 2 4 gauges to the amps.

then he has a 2 farad RF capacitor (which he brags about all the time cause its a rockford fosgate). anyways the voltage on that thing reads 10-11v at normal volume. when he cranks it up a little bit more, the thing drops down to like 9volts.

i tried explaining to him that its not right and he won't even listen. he told me his friend did the install and that his friend is a professional. his friend also told him its normal for the voltage to drop. i was like ok.

and to top it all off, he asked me how much i paid for my subs so i told him. then he brags to me about how his single solo x costs as much as my 2 btls.

btw i don't say this install is ghetto cause of the equipment he has. its the way everything is installed and working is what so ghetto to me.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4619
most ghetto install ive seen...

my friend has 2 12" alpine type r both in seperate sealed boxes hooked up to a sony 1200w max amp and got another 2 12" sony xplode subs each in their own sealed box hooked up to yet another sony 1200w max amp...sad thing is, he thinks its the loudest thing ever and so does everyone else...its sad...and hes got some cap which i read at 11v when i was listening to it...did i mention that he does installs for people and doesnt even know how to wire a dual 2 ohm sub to either 1 ohm or 4 ohm...he thinks wiring it is wiring it and no matter how he wires it, itll be the same...lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4620
i didnt type that for it to not bump

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11890
damn yanks. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 250
Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4621
and he automatically thinks hes smarter than me cause hes got a system and i dont have one installed...i could call him out on being an idiot but im a good kid and wont until he pisses me off lol...i mean im no genius but this kid brings it to a new level...he wanted to do my install but i denied when i found out about the whole wiring issue with him lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11891
rofl. don't let him touch anything man. lol.

kyle haven't seen that pic in a long time. funny pic.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4624
dont you worry chad...he aint touching sh1t anymore

that pic never gets old lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1328
So Chad, did his system get completely owned by yours yet? If not I wanna see a vid of that!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6828
2 8" Audiovox Rampage subs with a pvc pipe sticking out of the prefab box. 1 12" lightning audio sub (walmart) both powered by a 600w walmart amp. Well, the ohm load was all fu*ked up. The Audiocox subs were 8 ohm and the Lightning Audio sub was svc 4 ohm. The amp fried shortly after.

2 12in Audio Pipe Txx Ap 12RD subs in the trunk, 2 12in Pyle square subs in a bandpass box in the back seat. Both hooked up to a Pyle 2 channel 1000w amp. The Audio Pipes were DVC 2 ohms and the Pyle subs were svc 4ohm. The amp fried shortly after. Both setups were from the same guy.

2 10" sony xplods (walmart) powerd by a 1000w sony 2 channel amp. He had all the speakers in the car running from the amp too.

Ive seen a lot of them.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11894
he sat in my car and said not bad. while his friend just went crazy and jumped out of my car. started saying how my car is just insane.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us