Building a box...

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 384
hi guys if i have 6 panels of 15" square (15x15x15x15) wood they will make a perfect box right???
or will some pieces will have to be longer than the others..??? never made a box in my life.. so i could use some help...
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1542
that would only make a perfect cube if you could actually fit it together. keep in mind you have to add however thick the wood is to ends where it will be screwed together

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5327
2 pieces will have to be cut twice the thickness of the panel shorter. And it won't be a perfect square.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
what i'm trying to find out is that will they fit together ... it's gonna be a subwoofer box with 3/4" Wood...
because i don't wanna find out when i'm putting the box together that one side should have been longer for it to fit together... u know

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
so are you saying that i would need 4 panels that are 15" square and 2 will need to be 15.75" for them to make it into a box???

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1543
think about this. you have a top and bottom which should be the same size. then you have front and back, and 2 sides which should all be the same, respectively. if you use a slot port, you take however much out of the side you put it on

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
ok so if i have 4 sides measuring 15.25" and 2 sides measuring 16.75" that will work out right.. cuz i just drew it on a paper and seems to me that it will work out... but just want to make sure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us