97' Cavalier LS speakers

Username: Ndon

Post Number: 1
I know I can put 6x9's in the back and 4x6's in the front, but when I use crutchfield to see if these speakers fit, it says they don't. Anyone know?
-Infinity 693.7i 6x9's
-Infinity 462.7cfp 4x6's

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S- If these in fact don't fit, what would you suggest? I'm not wanting to get a sub, so I need speakers that can put out some good bass. Thanks
-Don

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 491
If you want to find out exactly what your speakers are, grab a ruler and go measure them yourself if your not sure.

I can say this right now, but your not gonna get as much bass from a 4x6 speaker as you will with a 6x9 speaker. Best thing to do is find a nice speaker with really good highs for your 4x6's and find something more with lows on your 6x9's.

Im not too big on Infinity so I havent used much of there products. I personally stick with Pioneer. Right now im driving a 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera S and I custom installed in 6x9 Pioneer Premier TS-A941P's and they put out a suprisingly amount of bass for only recieving 22 RMS from my head unit. Here's a link to where you can check'em out: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3795_Pioneer+Premier+TS-A941P.html

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 796
If it says they don't fit, they're usually right. Crutchfield's hasn't been wrong in speaker fit for as long as I've used it. If you look, then you'll see that you can also fit various 5-1/4" and 6.5" speakers on the front door. You should get something like boston sx60s or something else that you like in the 6'5" size. For the rear, get the 6x9s that fit - infinity 692.7i. It's the same speaker, just 1 less tweeter.

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 142
if u want clean sound get a 4 channel amp to power the 6x9's and 4x6's

Username: Ndon

Post Number: 2
hey thanks I appreciate it. I guess plate speakers won't fit my car for some reason, maybe it's the depth of them. I think I'd have to literally try it out to see if they would fit, but I think I'll just get a different model. Should I still go for the 3 ways in the back and 2 ways in the front? or just 2 way speakers all around?
-Don

Any help appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 809
I'm not sure how imaging would work with 3 way speakers. I'd say go with separates for the front and 2-ways in the back if you must.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us