How many watts to send to each speaker?

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 213
ok guys, i am building a 3-way semi-active setup that incudes mb-quart qsc 216's in kicks and seas L18rnx as midbasses in the doors in my yukon. The quarts will use thier passive crossover and the seas will be bandpassed from 63 or 80hz up to about 250hz actively betweeen the HU and the amp. I will be sending the quarts 150 wrms and the seas being an 8ohm speaker i am wondering how many wrms i should send them to balance well with the quarts. The quarts have a 91db sensitivity rating while the seas i think are 88 db's. So what do you think?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11812
75-100/ch

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 214
hey glasswolf thanks for responding, now is that 75-100 wrms @ 8 ohms so from the amp it would be around 175-200 wrms @ 4ohms? or am i offbase here? thanks btw i will probably be using a phoenix gold xenon 200.4 for this

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11819
sorry I misread. you'll want 150-200 per midbass driver at 8 ohms
the midbass needs more power tahn the components do.

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 215
sweet thanks :-) . A couple final thoughts, do you think the seas L18rnx can handle that kind of power if its only playing those selected frequencies (60-80hz to about 250hz)? If not, than what drivers would you recommend for midbass duty that are still reasonable in cost? Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us