Subs i am think about getting. any good? any ideas helpful

Bronze Member
Username: Iamabadperson777

Post Number: 11
ok i was looking at:

(2) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4079_Audiobahn+ALUM12N.html
(2) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7490_Eclipse+SW7200.html
or (1) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2419_Audiobahn+AWIS12P.html

i am leaning towards the one immortal sub. let me know what you think is best and what would be a good amp to go to it also.}

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 905
stay away from audiobahn, give us a budget and well help. but look at an SSD from ficaraudio.com MUCH better subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
somewhere around 350-400 max for the price of the subs, and the amp around 250-300 max.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1870
You won't be able to run 2000 watts RMS on a stock charging system and since you are on a budget I would just go with an Fi.SSD or Audioque SD 2.5 with a hifonics bx1206d Either that or go with a couple of Digital designs 1512s and that hifonics amp.

Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 3
get volfenhag! low price, big bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 54
^ NO!

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 322
whats wrong with volfengah i heard a pair before and they were decent sounding just like the price just wondering

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 5
i have 2 12's with 250 watt hifonics amp in a bandpass box that hits harder than a 12 inch L7 with 1200 watt kicker in ported box. I luv it. never had problems and good quality sound too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
well unless to be honest with you i dont think 1 12" L7 hits very hard now two is a completely different story but not just one

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2158
Get those eclipse subs

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 7
well if you have the money then get 2 L7's. they are great but if you want a great deal get volfenhag.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5303
Hey I have some Pyramid Royal reds for sale, dirt cheap.

OK, you've heard it.

Seriously, I have 4, 10". Currently used as doorstops.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 56
if those were ur only 3 choices then the eclipse...but there is MUCH better out there...jus read treys post...the ssd is great sub and can get plenty loud while sounding awesome

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 402
yea get the ssd

The immortal mite look nice and u mite htink it would be nice but it is an audiobahn they lural u in with the looks i gotta say i liek the flames on it and all and the name like it can't be touched lol but it is more like mortal

lural i think i just totally Fucked that word

Gold Member

Post Number: 1876
God there are so many imbeciles on this website nowadays...

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 115
Get 2x 12" Rockford T1's with a fig buckin' amp. Or just get what i got 2x alpine type R's (12") BNIB FOR $231.00. Yea i know, you cant beat that price...

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 408
reece are u talkin bout me bein and imbecile

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3801
god damn, there are some idiots in this thread aren't there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1880
no... im talking about the dumbass telling people to get volfenhags... and then the other guy agreeing with him, and now this moron telling the kid to pay out the a*s for rockford T1s which pretty much blow for the price. the kid needs to read my post and listen. Get a 15 inch eclipse Ti or TC-3000 and you will get loud and devastate the lows... ask anyone who knows anything. those subs are made for low end, but they get LOUD!

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 414
o yea i no there imbeciles but i am one two i was just wondering which one ur were talkin to lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what is a "stock charging system"?

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 419
it is the stock alternator and wires and bat if i missed anything help me out i cant stop laughin no offence tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oo well replacing those aint a problem if its needed for any of the recomendations.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 422
yea 2000watt rms defidently get that and do the big 3

Dont get a cap there just stupid in my opinion
some people think gettin a better chargin system involves that just lettin u no

Ho Alt's http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.ebay.com%2FIr aggi-Alternator-and-Electronics&ei=nLsVRtGFOqbsxAKh7bm0Cg&usg=__Rayhc2LedKNUBoAq sO5t_iljVO8=&sig2=2Rk5uWkNQeM9XexqdbkWMg
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.excessiveamperag e.com%2F&ei=v7sVRoq1JJOuwQL2oOiFCg&usg=__TrBDVSy2D-d2Nc_YqUG8kRB1SjA=&sig2=cLqFL Vwoqk9Q-daHe-NEXg

BAt replace stock wit a yellow top or get kinetiks i think wit 2000 rms 2 or 3 batts should be fine

it is gonna cost u some mooola

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1310
" god damn, there are some idiots in this thread aren't there. "

Thats an understatement

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 297
ok i got a buddy at school named dug and he has the volfenhag 12s and swears they are the loudest subs in the world and would make a religion from them if he could but i showed him my 3512 and he was like wow my stuff sucks as5 now that i heard this. never get them if i were you i would buy a bl or a q and put the extra money on a kicker 1200. this would be a good setup. and i think someone on here has some type rs for sale for like 200 in a box which is not to bad you could check that out

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 424
there not idiots they just think cause a sub is big and looks like a beast means it is or because there trunk was rattling from that sub that means it is good or ummm there Noobe post wh0res lol so thats y there silver or gold and dum

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
well i am definately not lookin for my trunk to rattle. i do want it loud but i want to prevent the rattle or get rid of it if possible. but i have a hatchback.

do subs sounds better in trunks or hatchbacks or is there no difference?

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
i would say there louder in hatchbacks from what i have heard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
is the sound also clearer too? in hatchbacks. cuz my friend has a 93 tempo which has a trunk and at times it is too rattly and gets a little muffled or blurred (cant think of the word)

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
i know what you are talking about and i would say its not cleaner but a better built car sould have less rattles and i you would have to put some dynamat or something to stop that

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 425
hatches usually sound better just like how suvs are really the best cause the subs are open and there is nothing blockin the airflow yea i dont want my trunkle to rattle im doin my car in edead

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
what exactly is edead? is it easy to apply yourself. and isnt as expensive as dynamat?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3808
alot cheaper than dynamat and works as very well. really easy to apply, just takes some time.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 428
yea hwat he^^^^^said but it can sumtimes take a couple of days if ur doin ur hole car as if ur takin ur seats and upholstry carpet and door panels and turnk and blah blah but it is simply peel and the seal but u have to do it a certain way so u dont get bubbles

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
is there instructions to do it right or video what not.

and back to the topic kinda. if i were to get a fi ssd would it be better to get 2 12", 1 12", 1 15". and how big would the box need to be for that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
and are the fi ssd's gonna get me to be heard from a block or two away? thats another thing im lookin for.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 429
wtf my post didnt show up um yeah they can do that so can the fi bl's and the fi btls 4 sure but that a whole nother story https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154615da1052ff0/shopdata/0030_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

go there for box specs it will say

also for the sound deadning http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sounddeadenersho wdown.com%2F&ei=TdsVRoWGHKD-wQKm2PCtCg&usg=__KVY4ZmhEJS-cZLw5ZtBKYtpeDz0=&sig2=j s6NB9XVrONPVIenIeFU_w
u gotta read tho around the end or so it says how to apply it

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
Reece i was not agreeing with him i know that Volfenhags blow compared to anything else i was just wondering why they are bad i mean for taht price they sound decent but i never suggested him to get those thats why i put "Just wondering" i wouldnt even recommend an L7 let alone a volfenhag

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 257
with that budget you could either do, a fi q or bl and a kicker amp to power it up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
so what would hit harder? 2 ssd's or 1 q or bl?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 260
2 ssd.. cone area FTW, the q sound quality FTW

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
alright and how big would the box have to be? dimensions would be great.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 118
just get a jackhammer and solve all your problems

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
ya there would just be a little problem with the price and with the space i have to use.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
with the ssd's would i want the flatwind coil and/or copper coil?

what do each of those do or add to the sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
anyone help me out with those 2 questions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
why is this topic not bumping up

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4601
flatwind gives more power handling
copper improves sound quality i beieve

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
so adding both of those for an extra $25 would be a good idea?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
nvm i just found out u cant get both. so are the ssd's more spl or sq? and would you suggest getting the flatwind or the copper coil?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4605
ssd would probably be more spl than sq altho i havent heard one...i would say go with the flatwind

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
alright i guess all i need to know is what would be a good amp for 2 of them? and what are the dimensions need for the box?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4606
get 2 dual 2 ohm ssds and get a kicker zx1500.1
2 dual 1 ohm ssds and get a hifonics 1606d
2 dual 1 ohm ssds and get a sundown audio 1500d from kevin at low-hz

many more...what kind of car/suv is it? max dimensions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i got a 1991 eagle talon. not sure on max dimensions i should figure that out maybe tomorrow. unless theres a website or somethin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
is there going to be a difference in how they sound? if so which set would be better?

2 dual 2 ohm ssds and get a kicker zx1500.1
2 dual 1 ohm ssds and get a hifonics 1606d

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 399
the zx is a much better amp.. durable.. while the hifonics is more budget..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
alright as for a box, i am not the building type. so is there a pre-made box that i am able to buy somewhere that is close to what would be good for these subs and my trunk? dont mean to half *ss anything i mean i want the best sound i can get but i am not the building type.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got Serious Wang H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1560
man dude dont listen to these guys^^ they dont know ANYTHING..get the audiobahns..all my friends have them...lol

too bad i dont hear any sound output from their trunk!! hahah jk dont get audiobahn..it sucks

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 148
Hahahahahhahahahahahaha @ volfenhag!!! R u serious I'm a noob on this forum and even I kno volfenhag sucks!!! Ahaha man if u want strictly SpL if u wana b heard from blocks away get 2 L7's 15" if u have the space....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
well im not gettin JL's my friend has them and i dont like them on bit. so since i have already decided on the ssd's why not keep on that.

"alright as for a box, i am not the building type. so is there a pre-made box that i am able to buy somewhere that is close to what would be good for these subs and my trunk? dont mean to half *ss anything i mean i want the best sound i can get but i am not the building type."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
well im not gettin JL's my friend has them and i dont like them one bit. so since i have already decided on the ssd's why not keep on that.

"alright as for a box, i am not the building type. so is there a pre-made box that i am able to buy somewhere that is close to what would be good for these subs and my trunk? dont mean to half *ss anything i mean i want the best sound i can get but i am not the building type."

Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I'm new here and fairly new to sound systems as well. I cannot believe anyone would recomend Volfenhag brand anything even to their worste enemy. Freinds don't let freinds buy crap like that! Seriously I would also not recomend the Hifonics, the last good Hifonics was the generation 10. If you want a great amp at low cost go for the Zed Audio Minilith at $229 you can't beat it for quality. 600w @1 ohm will power those SSDs just fine and maybe break a window or two in the process. LOL! You can't go wrong with ZED!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4618
welcome sunny...dont mean to rain on your parade or anything, but i have to disagree...i honestly know nothing of zed audio but 600rms isnt enough power to properly power even 1 ssd...each ssd is rated at 800rms and can take more...many people are giving their 1000 to 1200...

and jeremy, talk to logan about building a box for you, much better build quality than a prefab and will be better...good prices and good boxes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
alright i will talk to him as soon as i can get a d*mn tape measure to my house to figure out the max dimensions of the box. i just searched for about an hour and found nothing its rediculous.

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 525
SSD FTW!!!

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 6
That's OK Yanks, who said you could only run one ZED? Just get two of them and bridge them for twice the power! Besides, the 800 watt rating doesn't mean you have to have 800 minimum and Zeds actually put out a lot more than they advertise.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4628
thats a true statement sunny...could get 2 i guess...ive never seen one of these zeds...i might go check them out to see them

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 7
Zeds are only available from their website at
www.zedaudio.com/products.htmlsite.
I highly recomend them if you care about sound quality at all. You have to keep in mind the amps are all underated.

I actually came to this website for recomendations for a high quality subwoofer too. Please keep in mind that I put emphasis on sound quality NOT loud. Would these SSDs be something that would appeal to my needs or would you recomend something different for old guys? Also what is the advantage od a DVC over SVC?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 809
An SSD would be great for what you are looking for and the price is right. The Infinity Perfect and the TC Sounds TC-1000 are a couple more that will have very good SQ. The basic advantage of dual over single voice coils is wiring and impedance flexibility.

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks Brad, Thats what I needed. I have a pair of Infinity perfects sitting on the shelf in my garage. I got them to put in my wifes car but they were too deep. I ended up getting some Clarion shallow mount subs for hers and was promptly disapointed. What a waste of money those were. I have to rebuild the custom boxes for her so she can have something decent in hers. I might go for the SSD dvc for my truck, I think it would be perfect since I can only run one sub in it I can use the extra vc to get a little bit more power from the amp to make up for having just one sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us