RD audio 15 & Atomic APXX side by side pics

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11770
http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/40/23148.html#00 0005

i want this sub bad now. looks awesome. look at the size of the magnet.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 459
They are monsters. When I met with Steve @ RD, I looked at a few of the lines. Oh so great. If anyone wnats one of these bad boys, just give me an email :-) We got GREAT prices on this line right now.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1851
Looks pretty sick... I jsut hate the RD logo to be honest... haha

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 460
At least they aren't as ugly as the old Cadence Wild Beast hehe.

Kevin

PS: My boy put one of his Alpha 12's on the wall socket. Said it was knocking stuff of the walls hehe. Held up like a champ and didn't get hot.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11772
ugly logo or not, the damn thing is a monster. that is the super heavy weight in the pic. i will be happy with just a heavy weight. lol.

let me do some thinking and i will contact you for pricing kevin. i can't think about changing subs right now. but a month later is a totally different story.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1854
^ Haha... And yeah those wild beast were ugly... I never owned one of those either, but these are enticing...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1855
What's RDs website... I google searched and couldn't find it?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2394
man look @ those things, their frekin crazy. I want me two also.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11774
http://www.rdaudio.net/index.php

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 461
www.rdaudio.net

Hehe ya the wild beast were ugly, but they got loud :-). These RD's are something serious. The heavyweight he had with him was stacked and setup for 20,000 watts. I couldn't move the cone, she was nasty. The super heavyweight he had with him was built for some SQ as well and the cone was easy to move and EFFICIENT! They are hard to pass up. The amps are going to be just as mean :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1856
Could that Elite SPL 15 handle a Hifonics BX1500D? What kinda price could we work out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1857
The Sensitivity on those subs is pretty crazy...

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 959
Those sensitivity numbers are really high. I was thinking of checking out the new AA lines this summer but maybe RD may be an option. All the choices now.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11776
very efficient subs.

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1039
u know that sub in ur first post is the musical sub right lol, he said his spl one is crazy

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1506
wow... i could never give that thing the power it needs lol

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 463
Ya Reese, the Elite SPL will hadle that Hifonics. Just shoot me an email and we will work something out. And so everyone knows, the heavyweights and super heavyweights can be custom built to do whatever you want. We have someone who will have a few built to handle 4000 rms daily on the heavyweight :-) I will be running a 1000.1 from RD on 2 Classic 12's in my daily in 2 weeks, I will let yall know on them as well. They will be in sealed at first.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4342
u all cant mess with atomic... they are pure beasts... the only thing that can take out an apxx its a dd "z" but hey i heard that atomic its making a prototype of the apxxx to be the ultimate woofer :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4343
ummyeha i remember most of the members on ecoustics back in the day when u all didint beilved me the atomic where pure beasts cuz u all never tried one...... i showed u videos,scores,results and u all didint beilved me....

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11779
i wouldn't be surprised if both of those subs are made in the same factory. from what i hear, atomic builds subs for alot of companies.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11169
ppl r now beginning to take notice of ATOMIC SUBS (they been in business over 60yrs) when here in my lil country we have been running these yrs ago

atomics r 1 of the top 10 loudest subs in the world & each 1 of their subs sound like 2 subs or a sub which has a higher wrms rating

im running a single 12" atomic quantum 500wrms series & its enough daily loud 4 me - i often amaze ppl who hear it on only 400wrms of power ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 4344
i got a 10 inc apx and i used to luv it till my lil cousin cracked the basket but it was amazing man... havent had the chance to get a new basket and new recone kit... and yes they are one of the top loudest sub...

and the apxx can take 10,000 rms all day... i seen it well it was 12,000 rms but it the amps were the sounds stream 6,500 rms but they are overated so close to 10,000 it was amazing man.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 464
The RD's are put together at the Georgia warehouse. The guy did gain a .5 db switching from the Atomic to the RD, so yea Rob, add another sub that is little louder than the apxxx :-) . The sub also got louder than the Soundstream XXX :-) .

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 4345
yes the atomic apxx its louder than the soundstream i seen it... but yeah lets give credit to the xxx since its sq its really cool.... but i dont know about add another one sub and it be loduer than the apxxx... lets wait till atomic get that sub out and we'll see ;)

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1208
forget the woofers did you see the pic of that asian chick pressin her funbags together?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11781
where?

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 465
^^ LMAO !!!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11782
i see it now. i was looking all over the rd audio website for that pic. didn't think about checking the termpro forum. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 684
cant wait till i get my 18" alpha =) im just waiting for the rd amps to come out too

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1514
yeah chad those are just a bit prettier haha

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1209
i saw that pic and was like "yeah that's my new wallpaper".

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 466
If everything goes as planned, the amps will hit in 2 weeks. I have a video of an Alpha 12 on the wall socket hehe.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 692
A .5 gain, on a simple swap, could be realized by many factors, none of which necessarily means product A is = to or > than, product B.

In all fairness.

Anyway, my .62cent. Im less concerned with what buildhouse/where assembled, than i am with the functionality of the product.

Talk is what it is, and pics are cool, but both really "say" little. Only actual installs (both daily and comp) with actual audible/mic'able results, that were seen/heard by myself, or at least someone i trust knows what REAL SQ is or what LOUD really is......would make me want to buy. It should be an interesting year.

Just a thought. It could be interesting quicker for RD if they sent some subs to Sean and Lloyd for testing. (Ibanender bigbassman) Enough people know who they are and respect their opinion to enough to base an opinion of their own from the results. Basically, if these two said it was loud, by God, it would be loud. If you saw the grea 8 or 12 challenges you know who i mean.

Last thought I do like the lil 10 RD Audio sent me, seems well built.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 467
Snoopdan has already did a few reviews and took first at Carl casper with an Elite 15 @ 148.9 in a Bravada :-) Also there is a few Alpha 18 (2) setups running 4000 rms and knocking a 153 on TL legal tuned low. Grab you some and have fun is all I can tell you. They are proven and I will be running them in my daily for a while :-).

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 694
I know snoop, trust his opinion, and can actually be around him without wanting to beat him up!

lol

RD is a sponsor for my site, im sure you know. So I am actually familiar with whats going on with their product, and where some of it is, and even where some will be going. ;) My reply, beyond the .5 gain, was not toward you, but more towards the ppl that make snap decisions based upon a products look, and or hype, than to ask... "have you see any numbers?" etc etc etc

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 469
Ahhh, ok gotcha. Actually, I didn't know he sponsored your site. Steve is a good guy with good products. Can't beat that :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1869
kevin, whats your email again?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 900
i talked to evan from RD and he told me they have sent in a coupl RD subs to sean and lloyd for testing but it got screwed up by DHL and they are now sending more subs.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 470
Ahhh, ya, good ole DHL lol.

lowhz01@yahoo.com

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us