Help needed on zobel

Bronze Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 67
So, after a few days absent due to HD format, here I am again in the hope of getting some zobel networks! The prob now is I don't know the speakers inductance, L, and haven't come across a 20-20000Hz band pass zobel crossover (GlassWolf's MOST appreciated help) circuit on the net, plus don't have no way of finding the freq. "where the impedance doubles"! Yeah, I know it would be much easier and cheaper to just buy a new set of speakers, but then I wouldn't get my hands on it, which for me is most of the fun, not to mention getting some knowledge/experience from it. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!:-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2883
inductance and impedance you'll need to measure with a meater, scope, and signal generator.
or, just contact the mfgr and ask them. they probably have charts for each driver on hand.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2884
why would you ned a filter for full range?
the purpose of the filter is to limit response for the drivers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Well they are full range speakers, or better, an woofer and a tweeter that are supposed to deliver the full range. As for the manufacturer, I can't seem to find the brand (Proaudio) anywhere on the net:-(:-(:-(

Anonymous

Hey Joao, és Portugues?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Yep I'm portuguese

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Found the model info (PR 6989) for the speakers, but can't find the brand, it says Proaudio on the label, rated at 350 W max...:-(
TIA

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
As for the filter, I got the impression that the idea was to equalize the impedances, but can we do it whitout loosing bandwidth?
TIA

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2906
well the point of teh filter is to cut out frequencies where the impedance increases, so no, not really.
what you may be better off doing is just building some second order filters for each speaker, then using 1/3 octave equalizers to shape the sound curve on an RTA afterward.
that way you can use the EQs to "fix" the curve and compensate for the shortcomings of the environment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Something like a high pass x-over cutting at 100Hz? I think the prob is related to low impedance, wouldn't you say so? By the heat it generates, looks like somewhere at the low end the imp drops so much the amp sees it like a shunt... The fans worked (6) but drained the battery in a matter of hours, the amp still got burning, but no cuts, and also no battery, no alternator...:-(:-(:-(
TIA

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2908
may just not be a good amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
But it works great with the front Lanzar's...
TIA

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Correction, it's a 4-way speaker set, which will give me too much hassle (?), so I'm thinking of buying some 2-way Boston's 6" * 9". Are they any good?
TIA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us