Elemental Designs NINe.1

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1342
Elemental Designs NINe.1
64% efficiency at 1ohm
Said they don't test efficiency on 2ohm or 4ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2121
Oh

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 73
Well, not buying eD then!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3770
i'd still buy them. i've seen 2 benched, each putting out over 1300wrms @ 1ohm @ 14.4v. and have heard of others benching about 1400wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 506
Where did you read this?
From my experience it was a very efficient amp, less voltage drop than my Infinity 7451a.

Agree with ctmike.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4355
i heard they die fast lately. But that warranty makes you think twice

Gold Member

Post Number: 1347
SkieS

I heard that from Elemental Designs 64% efficiency at 1ohm. Email them yourself if you don't believe me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9959
thats about as efficient as a class a/b

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 512
Yeah... Except the nine.1 was much more efficient than my class a/b...

I guess I'll email them myself and find out...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9969
yeah that just doesn't sound right.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3794
it does say 64% efficiency at 1ohm on thier site. still, i know what i saw being benched and i wouldn't hesitate about buying them if i didn't already pre-order some new sundowns'.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12048
" i know what i saw being benched"

Hmmm...something is not right..either the guys benching was using faulty equipment..or the ed guys are being stupid for saying that...???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1365
How low can you go

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3820
huh?^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 1366
ctmike

What did you see on the bench test?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3821
like i said before, a little over 1300w at 14.4v. exact numbers, i didn't write it down so can't pull that out, plus they aren't mine. but i trust the shop that did it. they benched my old kx1200.1 just fine. and did you actually call and talk to ed or just posting stuff you read? cause i have talked to them, and 3 times after reading this since never paying attention to the specs really that good, and was going to order them. talked to different techs and they all told me the same thing, that the nine.1 will do rated power and then some. also was told if i bought one, benched it, and for some reason it didn't do at least the 1200wrms that i could send the amp back for a full refund or exchange. also was told that when they test out the nine.1 they get an average of between 1300-high 1400wrms at 14.4v., sometimes more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
Email

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3822
can you post it? post what they said what the nine.1 will do at 14.4v. also, how many people you know run it? had it benched? cause i know what the shop did, know what the ed techs' told me, know people that use it daily (for awhile now with no problems), and have checked other forums for people using it. have read about their subs being hit or miss, but from what i've seen/read their amps are pretty decent and worth the money. not high end, but still good for the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1370
It was the email live chat thing they do. I've seen several NINe.1 fry and no I never seen one on a bench test.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3824
so you chatted with a ed tech and he told you a nine.1 won't do rated power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
Yes I chatted with the ed tech and I ask for efficiency at ohm loads.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3829
so you started a chat to ask something it states on their site? but what i want to know is did they say what the nine.1 would do at any given load? cause it seems to me like you said how low would i go cause i must be lieing of what was benched from the nine.1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
That was for efficiency

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3833
o.k. then. just i don't like being called a lier and that's what it looked like to me. cause i might not know much about car audio but i still wouldn't lie about the few things i do know/seen.

Silver Member
Username: Chris_t54

Post Number: 131
awww are you guys sh!tting me?? ha i just got like one of the last ones before they went on backorder and ive heard many good things about this amp my audique sd2.5 12"s are coming on tuesday and im excited as hell but this is really killing my expectations haha

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3847
i wouldn't be worried about buying one. like i said i would personally buy them and recommend them. not top of the line, but their is much worse you could buy imo. also, why not bench yours and post what it does? i'm thinking of buying one just for that purpose then selling it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us