Looking for good quality 6.5's at about $150

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 261
Overall I'm pretty happy with what I've got in my car with the exception of my front speakers. I had thrown in some Lightning Audio bolt 6.5 3ways that I had bought to replace the blown speakers in my truck and I am finding that they can't keep up with my subs, my deck has sub level contro range of 0 (off) to 8 (High) but on most music I have to have it turned to about 2 or 3 to hear much of anything. I know the lightnings are crap but I got them for 5 bucks.

I'm looking for a set of speakers that I can get shipped to Canada for about 150 max. I like the Infinity 62.7 kappa's idea of having a crossover like a pair of components have but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get new wires into the doors in an 89 nissan maxima. what else is there comparable to these.

I'd like to use co-axials or at the most a component set that you can mount the tweet on the mid like the Boston spz60 which are a little out of my range (the local shop has them at 1500 canadian) no problem going online or ebay

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 386
you have an amp for em?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 748
Bryn, tweeters that are not sitting on the midrange can give you better definition and would be easier to hear when subs are playing. Can you get a local shop to install them for you? I can recommend polk momo or those kappas are good too.

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 262
yes it's 55 watts rms two channel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us