Component speaker help

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1824
I never worried about it before, but now that I have my new HU my bose speakers distort badly with the bass high... so i want to get some new speaks... I need a nice component set for my front and rear doors in my 2004 Yukon Denali. The most I wanna spend is about 300 dollars. Can that get me some good 6 1/2s for the front and back doors with tweeters and crossovers? Someone give me some recommendations and everything I'll need. I've noticed most of the component sets come with only 2 speakers... would i have to purchase two more for the rear doors? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4984
While you're waiting on a set of components, do you have the HPF filter turned on from the head unit? The Bose speakers don't need to handle the bass anymore now that you have a sub (which I'm assuming you do from your profile), and the HPF will cut off the low frequencies so they don't distort as badly when you turn it up.

You could probably get a good pair of CDT's for that price...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1829
I'll check and see if I do... I don't even remember seeing a HPF filter though... And yes, I do have the sub... I was thinking CDT's just don't know what to go with...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us