What to buy

Silver Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 208
i have a dodge truck and i want to replace the door speakers i have a pair of 6x9's and 5 1/4 in the doors ( so the book says) is ma audio a good setup od what is better

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
does anyone know anything for me

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3775
what's your budget? i'd just get a nice set of components, 2 channel amp, and leave out the 6x9's, especially since it's for a truck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
do what i want to get some thing that sounds good that i can crank up and sound good i want to spend no more than 500 on the whole thang and a set of tweeters! help plez i am using a pioneer unit from wal-mart

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3776
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1153

get those and save a little more for an amp.

but just look around for some focals, morels, dls, cdt's. give alteraudio a pm, he'll hook you up with some cdts'.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 547
^^ why would you reccomend those to him? They are way overpriced and he already gave you a budget. Hes using a walmart head-unit he doesn't need to spend all his money on one set of speakers.

www.sonicelectronix.com
has some much more reasonably priced focals.

The brands you mentioned are good no doubt but kind of expensive.

Maybe also try some of these:
Diamond Audio
Total Mobile Audio
Infinity Kappas

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3781
overpriced? there 50% off and have you actually ever heard them? those exact ones'? definately worth it imo. but that is why i said if you get them save more for an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1526
well if he's looking for an amp and speakers, the budget could work. Amps are pretty easy to find unless you're picky like me but sonicelectronix, ubid, ebay and the sort can get you some decent amps at low prices, the classifieds on car audio forums also are a good place to look. But Infinity sucks, so JL decided to go cheap and start TMA( the T series and W0 series was cheap enough), and Diamond is very overpriced unless buying from an unauthorized dealer.

Plus if he gave up the rear speakers which are pointless in trucks, it would open up his options even more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us