Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1495
your distro block would be the easiest

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 340
If you bought it, it will have directions.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1719
Why not get a digital one?It takes the guessing out of the game versus an analog meter.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4995
I guess it all depends on personal preference.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 546
AutoMeter guages are the most accurate on the market. I think they make a digital, otherwise just get a "full sweep" (analog) guage so your ability to read, without "guessing", is much more accurate. If accuracy is not important to you than any volt meter will do. You can hook to anywhere you want to have the voltage known. If you want to know the exact voltage at the amp than wire it to the amp. If you want to wire it it off the dist. block you can do that too, as mentioned before. The battery is the most common place and where I suggest you should wire it to. Just remember wherever you hook it to that is where the volt meter is reading so you will want to put it wherever you want to meter. JMO

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 771
if you were to wire it on an amp what gauge wire should i use and where should i hok it up to. my amp puts out 1000rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
Your amps wattage has nothing to do with the size wire you need for your guage. Use whatever size wires that come with the guage. You would just slide the wire in thr B+ or the battery hookup on amp. This will give you exact voltage at the B+ terminal right at the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 117
I use my HU as a voltage meter. It has an option on there to show the voltage its getting. Nice little addition.

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
The reason for big wire is the amperage or current draw. The volt meter will not draw alot of amps so the wire size is not that important. You just slide the wire in the amp with your positive power cable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
Yes Nick V but that is about the most inaccurate volt meter out there. The fastest reponse and best accuracy come with only Autometer. I have a volt meter on my EPIC-160 that is measuring the voltage at the HU. I don't trust it to be accurate but the EPIC-160 is more accurate than your HU volt meter. Not trying to be mean, just letting you know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Sinful, my Hu is accurate. I tested it with a voltage meter my dad had, and it read the same.

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
Yes while there is no voltage drop. When the drop hits, when your stereo is bumpin, it will not be as fast to respond and will be less accurate. This voltage drop is basically the reason you have a voltmeter to make sure it doesn't drop too low. You can read your HU during a drop but I assure you it is not that accurate. Besides, that voltage is at the HU and they were talking about at the amp. What kind of HU is it, a pioneer?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Yeap, But either way thats the voltage drop of the battery. It might not be too accurate, but it's enough for me. I know I dont go below 13v when driving. Idle is a different story. Im gonna update big 3 and if that don't work then imma get a new battery in the back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
Thats how I feel about my EPIC-160 but I just wanted to inform all about whats the best or better so you could be informed, thats all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us