Noise from my comp amp

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 106
I noticed that my comp speakers were making a high pitch noise when my car was on. My sub doesn't do it but my comps do. What could be the problem? The sound gets higher pitched the more I rev the engine. This is an extremely annoying problem. Before I had my sub, I had the same comp amp and it never did this. But once i put my sub and new amp in with it, it does it now. What could be casuing this problem. Do I got some wires that are too close together that shouldnt be?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3222
get on aim you lil b!tch

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
I will when i get home from school :p

BTW my comp amp is a Profile AP1040

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 338
If you are running the rca wires for either of the amps near a power wire for either of the amps that could be what is making the noise.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 339
didn't bump

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 512
Im having the same problem with my sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12036
check ur grounds..

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Looked into it, It's the RCA cable that is going from the rear output of the HU. I think there is something wrong with that output. I'm going to try and fix it tomorrow.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1260
What HU is it?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11162
yep its either faulty rcas of rcas passing very close to other power wires of the car .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
It's a fautly output of the headunit. But I think i can fix it. My HU is a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 548
I know how to fix that. It happens due to pioneer's crappy microfuse inside the headunit. Take the black wire from the wire harness labeled "amp ground" and wrap it around the shielding on the RCA wire then stick it back into the RCA outs on the headunit. Make sure its secured. You can use sauter or electrical tape.

Test it first of course by touching it to metal on the RCAs and see if the noise goes away. Worked for me and I read it off another forum so it worked for someone else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Which shielding? like the insulation around the wire or what? Also on this set of outputs, the Right channel (red) on the HU comes out a little when i try to unplug it. Ithink this is the problem. I will just have to move it back in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us