6 1/2's for the back on integra,

Phil
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I purchased some 6.5 pioneer 180 watts for the back of my integra off of ebay; not a good idea. The seller claimed they were "like new", but apparently not, because the right speaker makes an annoying sound when I turn the volume up and the bass becomes distorted. The left, though, sounds ok at high volumes. One of my friends says the speaker is "shot"; another one of my friends says If this is true I can "dynamat" the speaker. However, looking at the speaker, I cant tell that a rip exists in it; at first I thought the speaker was so close to the interior plastic I guess you would say of my car it was causing this sound when with its vibrations. The people I have talked to though said no its "shot". I have an aftermarket Kenwood 45 W per channel head unit.

So, I'm exploring my options.

I can either, a) try to dynamat the speaker, or something you guys suggest to make it sound cleaner at high volumes or b) replace the speakers in the back with new ones. I'm looking at either pioneer 4 ways or jvc 4 ways right now. I have heard 4 way music is much superior to straight 2 ways.

However, give me your ideas and I'll act with your advice.

Thanks ahead of time,
Phil
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us