Picking up sound from the deck?

Silver Member
Username: Sweatyogre

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 166
I can hear th CD spinning through my subs. Also when I turn on my headlights or step on the gas I get some noise through my subs. I already checked the RCA connection on the back of my deck and my amp ground wire. I've had this amp in with the same cables for a while, and this has just started recently. Could my RCA cable be bad?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4976
Yeah, the RCA cable could definitely be going bad. Might want to try swapping cables to see if it helps.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1492
^ x2

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3041
check the ground also, could be recieving interference.

Silver Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 167
I already checked the ground for the amp. Do you mean my deck ground?

I guess I'll buy a new RCA cable and try it.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3048
all grounds.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 542
What deck is it? Pioneer decks are notorious for this, I know mine did it. They have a microfuse and when it blows your going to get alot of noise. I know a fix but I won't bother typing it until you tell me what deck you have.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2127
A bad deck ground is a popular problem for your symptoms. Re-ground it to its own new location instead of hooking up to the factory ground wire.

Silver Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 168
grant, it is a Pioneer DEH 1800 deck. I guess my next step will be to reground the deck. I haven't bought a new RCA yet, I'd like to fix this for free.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1279
Poineers are known for blowing the RCA ground, I suspect that may be your problem.

The ghetto way to fix it is to connect a wire from the metal case of the HU to the outer ring of the RCA connector, and do that for both RCAs.

The better way to fix it would be to open it up and install a bigger fuse in the RCA ground circuit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us