Sub acting funny

Bronze Member
Username: Boxy_brown

Post Number: 86
Ok, for those who dont remember im the one with the memphis 2500 and the 15 fibl. i got everything working and it has been sounding great for some time now but just recently the sub has started to act funny. when i go in the back and look at the sub it will suck in the pop then push out then pop, the beat sounds like its going on and off. any suggestions on what could be wrong with it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11747
you mean it makes a pop noise?

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 155
Are you talking about a constant beat like a heart beat? if so, try lowering ur gain

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
nah it sounds like the music cuts in and out and yeah the sub gose out then pops back to the normal posistion then sucks in then pops back to the normal posion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
when i turn it up tho it sounds some what ok but it still sounds like its cutting in and out

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4973
Did you ever try adjusting the gain?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
yeah i have i thought i had it at the right level cus it had been playing fine befor at the same level this just happend reciently

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
im sorry if my information is vague or not very help full, another way i guess it could be described is the sub suckes in and out continusly while the music is playing lol that sounds dumb, but its not with the music it looks like it pushes to the extended limmit then pulls in to the contracted limmit and pops back to norm. when i turn it up it the sub beating with the music seems to overpower the in and out but when its turned down it its kinda obvous, thanks for the help sorry for my lack of discription.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
bump any one?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 438
well i aint sayin im right but my friend kinda had similar problems with his soundstreams he found out it was hsi ground!! so maybe check that and i had kinda the same problem when i accidently hooked a neg into a pos in the amp , so maybe that can help. again im just bringing ideas and what ive seen happen to my friend

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1838
If you are running 2500 watts to it then you are probably frying it... Quite a few guys on CA.com said their fully loaded BLs could handle 1800 watts...

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 951
thats way to much power for that sub ... reece is def correct

i saw a BL taking a zx1500.1 and loving it thats the most id do on that sub

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11768
still even if he is way overpowering that sub, it shouldn't do that.

why don't you take your sub out and examine it. also its possible one of the cable came loose so only one of the coil is hooked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us