Audiocontrol EQL or something else

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2373
I was thinking about purchasing the audiocontrol EQL Equalizer. Mainly since I have all of my components in the front and no compnents in the rear. I would use the EQL to balance the front components. Actually I might need a 4 channel since theres two components on each door and such. whats your input.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11780
if you're using a single 2 channel amp to power the front stage, all you need is a single EQL.
I used an EQL in my old Festiva before I went to the Alpine 3401 parametric. Great little unit from AC.
it's a 1/2 octave EQ. pretty simple set and forget device, but you may still want an RTA for tweaking it when its installed. you'd only need to rent an hour or so of time with the RTA though to set everything. its only got like 13 bands.

if you want more control, and multiple channels, AC has a new digital model that's a 1/3 octave 6 channel EQ now.. but its not cheap

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2378
I'm actually going to have two amps.
1 amp for my midrange drivers (4 CDT m6)
1 amp for my tweeters (4 CDT drt25's)

I'm going to custom fiberglass my door panels to have two midrages in them and two tweeters each door, all aiming towards the dome light for imaging.

So pretty much I'm only going to have a front channel setup, no rears. thats why I thought the AC EQL would be a good choice.

Front RCA's into EQL, EQL to AC 6xs, and the 6xs will take it to the amplifiers. Then take it to a professional most likely and get it all tuned up nicely if I can't get it right.

So yeah, did I miss anything or am I set to go.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2393
I notice that in coupes and sedans, the seats are lower, which means the speakers are closer. But I have a suv and the speakers are really far away from me. Should I mount my components up more, lets say, closer to my knee's. Like about 5 inches higher from the floor. Glasswolf, you have a lot of experience, shine something on me =).

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11795
good setup.
the SUV shouldn't be a problem. use time correction on the ehad unit to compensate for the difference in left and right channel path lengths

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2315
"good setup.
the SUV shouldn't be a problem. use time correction on the ehad unit to compensate for the difference in left and right channel path lengths"

That would be good for a single person in the vehicle but what if you have a passenger?The timing would be off wouldn't it?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12020
yes but who cares. its your car. you can't have perfect imaging everywhere. there has to be a sweet spot.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2358
^Hahaha,GlassWolf,you're selfish!

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2697
lmao. I don't care as well. I don't think they would even notice as much as I will. All they care about is that theres music and its loud.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12819
wtf is rob doing in this section. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1513
haha, im only in this section cause i seen your name posted last, had to see if you were giving bad advice... :-)

and glasswolf is right, its all about that sweet spot...

as chris rock would say, "f ck the passenger, he didnt pay all the money for this rrriiidddeee!"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us