One of my subwoofers doesnt work

Username: Cody009

Post Number: 1
I just got my system hooked up and the right sub doesnt do anything no sound wat so ever wat could be wrong??

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 764
make sure that everything has a secure connection. if the positive or negitive slipped off it wont work. so recheck everything and make sure nothings come apart

Post Number: 2
can u be a little more specific like wat do i look at (specifics)

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 765
mostly ide look at the wiring between the amp and the sub. make sure its plugged into the right spot on the amp and everything is wired correctly depending on the voice coils and ohm configuration. make sure everything is still conected. if it still doesnt work ide call the company u got them from.

if on of them works and there both wired the same and connected to the same place it must be a bad sub

hope that helps

Post Number: 4
well the two connections on each sub are hooked corectly so could it be the wire connection from the amp??

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 133
Yea one of my L7's doesn't play as hard as the other 1 notciable difference... everything is hooked up correctly too....

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 731
The sub that's not playing as hard probably has a blown coil. If you had coils in parallel and you blew one, the sub will then have more resistance (double) and therefore have less excursion. For both of you guys, you need to check if your coils still have resistance - if not, they're blown.

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 85
Are the subs hooked up to a mono-block amp (1 channel) or a 2 channel amp. If it is a 2 channel amp, check the rca connection between the head unit and the amp...
If thats all wired properly, check the settings on the head unit (fade/balance)...

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 86
If its a mono-block amp with one pair of terminals, then most likely the sub is no good...

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 154
Try laying the sub on a flat surface and pushing the cone in. if you feel a scratching vibration then your sub is bad. do this with your fingers directly in the center of the cone because if you do it at an angle you will prob feel scratching even if the sub isnt blown.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us