The final stage

Bronze Member
Username: Mack1989

Post Number: 11
hey everyone

I am getting a single alpine type r 15" hooked up to a kicker zx750.1 amp. I am building the box myself but am a little confused. I am putting it in the back of an rsx. Any opinions on size, tuning, port size, and also does it matter if i aim it straight back or if i aim it straight up.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11718
go with the recomended size for that sub. also the rsx is a hatchback right? i've heard a guy with the sub and port firing forward with the box pushed up against the back wall and it sounded sweet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yah thats a hatchback. For some odd reason i cant find the reccomended size anywhere. Im thinking somewhere between 2.5 and 3 cubic feet should work. And as far as tuning and the whole port thing, it really confuses me. Does the tuning all depend on the things like the size and lenght of the port or is it something tottaly different. Either a quick explanation or a good website would really help me out.

Thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 330
Ported box volume: 1.5-3.0cuft is recommended for that sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
perfect thanks alot,

i just found this on crutchfeild

"The vented box sizes recommended by Alpine range from 1.5 cu/ft to 3.0 cu/ft. Within this range, the ideal size recommended by Alpine is 2.9 cu/ft, so this is the enclosure recommended by Crutchfield. A slot port with the following dimensions should be used with the 2.9 cu/ft enclosure: W=15", H=1.5", L=27". If you cannot use a slot port in your enclosure, you will need a port tube with the following dimensions: Diameter=3", Length=8.5". "

This pretty much gives me everything i need thanls alot for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us