Please help me save some research time on components

Username: 026tn3

Edmond, OK USA

Post Number: 1
Have a 2006 corvette I'm wanting to upgrade the speakers, leaving in the bose factory nav HU. What are the best 3 ways and subs? Have experience with CDT Eurosports, Alpine R subs and JL amps. I was very happy with the sound of this combo and am leaning towards the same. I'm curious is there maybe better combo's out there, i.e. I love strong, firm bass and mid-bass, I want to feel it hit hard vs hear it. $2000 to 2500 target for budget. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 256
DD 3500 serise

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1523
is it the 10speaker setup in your vette? There's isn't too much room IIRC for a sub but a small 10in should fit. Also when you have the ES series in your car did you have a little extra room behind the speaker? I would suggest going with the M6 driver and the ES-4 and 1in tweeter. I believe i replied to your email before looking at this but Email me back.

Edmond, OK USA

Post Number: 2
What is DD 3500?

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1524
its a sub, good sub too BUT, i prefer the Stereo Integrity mag 12. Unfortunately with his car he either has to be creative or limited due to space on sub choices. I would get a good little 8 in pairs maybe or a hefty 6.5.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11781
SEAS Lotus components for the front.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11748
also if you want to leave your stock stereo, i'd get a jl audio clean sweep. those things are awesome.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1525
^^^ they're good but you can't play around with any settings after that which kind of sucks. We used it in an Infinity and it was alright but it would have been better with a new HU. Unless you like the way the cleansweep sets it up, you're kind of SOL.

Edmond, OK USA

Post Number: 4
Alteraudiousa--I have the three way ES's for the door (the guy I sold my 2000 vette to gave them back to me, wanted to go back stock)jl audio's 300/4 bridged, 250/1 mono. I'm going to put a jl audio steathbox and I'm thinking about using the M6's as rear fill, will I get the powerful mid-bass that I'm looking for? How much amp would you dedicate to them?

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1529
use the M6 for the front and put the ES in the rear. M6 driven actively can take about 150rms but alot will depend on the crossover points. I would say have atleast 100rms for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us