Anybody install subwoofer in Mercedes-Benz ML 350??

Silver Member
Username: Gunaa

Post Number: 146
Hi Anybody install Subwoofer in the ML 350?
If so how it works on the factry OEM? sombody told me i need the RCA convertor?? how difficult to install this?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2121
if you want to put an amp in, you will either need an LOC or an aftermarket cd player. an LOC (line output convertor) is about 20 bucks on ebay.

if i were u, id get a new head unit installed...u could get a nice one for around $150 with the kits to put it in, if u install it urself. LOCS sometimes burn up and they arent as clean of a signal.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1197
Also you will run into all kind of trouble if the car has a factory amp.....

new HU is by far the easiest way

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Hi! I don't think i have a factory amp. it was an option if you want boss sound system with sub ML 350 2003 model. all i'm trying to do is just connect the sub in the original head unit. cuz I have cd changer in the back and also Ipod connected to the front. so i don't really need aftermaket cd player or head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 667
Then you're only choice is to buy a loc. I have installed a couple and they are not too bad. A little frustrating with the number of wires and splicing you have to do, but in the end t turns out fine. Hop on ebay, or else all the online electronics stores have them too (crutchfield, cardomain, etc.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Hi! Is this is the device i have to buy?
Any power specification that i have to look for it?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1699
Some amps also have hi-level inputs where you can just splice your rear speaker wires and attach them to a harness(Basically same procedure as an LOC)so that could save you a little money.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 230
or you can spend alot and buy the jlaudio cleansweep lol

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1466
or a audiocontrol LOC for about 100 or so. It'd work nice, and you wouldnt lose the factory look.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1244
If you don't have a factory amp then the LOC will work fine. If there is any type of equalization of modifications to the audio signal done in the HU, that's when you need the cleansweep.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1470
u can use a LOC if u hav a factory amp. I used one in both my jeep and caddy and they worked. u jus hav to put it between the amp and the speakers, not splice between the HU and the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 390
hate to stereotype, but if youre driving (I'm assuming) a benz ml, you could probably afford a JL cleansweep or the fosgate version if you wanted a cleaner signal out of your factory headunit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us