1991 Town Car

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 647
OK...I am going to do an install on my roomates '91 Town Car. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Any pointers? I don't have anything specific but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 452
Make sure you port throught the rear deck, or cut some seats. what is he looking for and budget?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6758
It has a big enough trunk you could about do anything.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 666
Well, he already has a MTX 9500 and his prefab box. I am just installing it for him. I would have suggested he get something different but I had no say in it. I guess I just meant does anyone have any instal pointers...

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 312
Make it clean, hide the wires. Also, where do you plan on putting the amp?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 669
I don't know yet. I havn't even seen the car yet. He went to Best Buy and they were going to charge him 250. I laughed then offered to do it. I have done plenty of installs, just wanted to know if there was anything out of the ordinary with this car to watch out for before I start.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 330
yea if it is like my bro's car the driver side door if u are installin a speaker is very weird and has all the wires in this big plastic thing

I dont really think i had to drill into the fire wall im pretty sure there was a opening but u have to look real hard but then again his was a diff year face the subs towards the trunk u get betta sound make sure u have atleast 20 or so ft of cable end result his trunk is gonna rattle alot unless u cut some holes in the trunk firewall thing

that is all i can remember i did that install a long time ago and ive done so meny since then

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 670
It's cool. Thanks for the help. Anyone else? Otherwise I should be fine...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 6759
the back seats dont fold down. Also there is like a little deck in the trunk that you could use as an amp rack...You will know what i mean when you see it.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 346
they do fold down but just like a marqui u have to pull up or pull real hard it is a pain especially puttin them back on you'll be able to see what im talkin about pull the seat and look behing there should be a metal thing and u should just be able to pull im sure there the same as the 95;s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us