Remember when you 1st got hooked on car audio?

Bronze Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 82
I'm just remembering when I 1st got addicted to this drug 500w rms used to be a strong drug to me now I can't even get high from it I only get high from 1500-2000w rms. I blew 14 12's and 2 15's ever since I start messing with this dope. Everytime I tried to get higher I start smelling smoke lol 1 time I put 4 tweeters on a punch 500a2 man them things shot off like fireworks! no lie it was like 4 bullets flying outta control in the car. sh!t was stink too

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5142
It IS a drug. Are you "high" right now??

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3005
i am! and yes this sh1t is very addicting.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 83
nah if i had a laptop in the SLAB (car) I wud be, but I'm in the house too much airspace. Well its calling me again so we're gonna go take a ride

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1690
It was my cousins Isuzu trooper on 20's with spinners,first car in the neighborhood to ride spinners :-) He had 6 power HX 2's 12's in that bish my god it was sooo friggin loud to me back then.Too bad that car got smashed by rival gang members...my cousin's an idiot.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5143
Sh1t! I loved it so much I moved it into my house!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1691
It was either HX 2's or HE 2's I can't even remember they were rockfords best back then,I think...

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 412
I remember when I lived for candy and cartoons
I also remember the first time I ate shrooms
It was me, little John, Chris Vergera, and Joe
We all ate an eighth at a Grateful Dead show
Joe told me in slow motion it feels so good
Then he turned into Peter Pan and ran into the woods
I found a VW bus with the keys inside
And I could see just enough to take it for a joy ride
I started in New York, ended up in LA
Thought it took ten minutes but it took ten days
I stayed for two weeks made love with two freaks
When they found out I was seventeen they made me leave

Well I used to steel lollipops, candy and gum
Sold 'em two for fifty cents in the back of the bus
I was an entrepreneur went from Blow Pops to blow
To t-shirts with Nancy Reagan saying "just say no"
Plus picture me cutting your grass in army fatigues
Choppin' down trees 'til someone pays me to leave
Then I show up at your house drunk on a lawn mower
Honk the horn and tell your mom its cool to be sober
I dare you to keep kid off drugs, 'cause life sucks
When you're in the suburbs with a backwards hat driving a truck
And the smart kids go to college to change the world
Then all they want to do is come home and f uck high school girls

Well I realized when I get high I don't make any progress
I quit smokin' for six days and I wanted to run for Congress
To advance legislation
For the legalization
Of mariijjuana but I got stoned and lost my motivation
It's the same sad story every time I apply for a job
A piss test to see if I get high
Well I do so I'm stuck in this sorry as town
Where white kids trick out Hondas and drive around
And everyone I know wants to be Eminem
I just want to do my own sh!t and be his best friend
But years of substance abuse got me lost and confussed
I see my toes through my shoes now I'm singing the blues

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 86
u be freestylin'

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 87
u ever listen to H.S.E. JK?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 164
when i knew i was hooked was when my brother got 4 12inch rf in a plexiglass box in his 84 caddy coupe deville, i believe it was shown in lowrider mag. portland show of 94' or 95'. after that i was hooked, i recal rewiring 4 15inch solo's in his bmw525 in 99'. man those were the days.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 165
oh and in his caddy he had that big a ss power 1000 in the place of the back window on the caddy, f uckin dope.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 494
i remember when i seen an SPL subwoofer in a pawn shop. This was when i was 15 (18 now). I bought it for $190. Rip off...Anyways i didnt know anything about car audio so my brothers friend gave me his old box and amp. It was a walmart box...Like .80 cu ft...lol. And he shoved the SPL sub in there. Didnt use any screws to screw the sub in just hammered it in there with a hammer. HA HA. The sub blew like 2 weeks later. I get a kick out of that story everytime i look back at the good ol days.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 688
growing up i was a "hard rock" kind of guy with hair half way down my back. I liked too short, but I didn't get hooked till 2-pac came out with all eyes on me in '96. That puff daddy was hot back then too. I traded a quarter bag for a couple 12's, then thought "he11 if two sound good, four will sound better". I had four 12's in a nissan p/u truck with the seat all up on the wheel.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 92
Shrty the Pimp still go hard

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 313
1. My first system was two crappy bazzoka's hooked to a factory HU yea i thought it was kool lol dunno y but then i hooked em up to a lil dinky amp i got u.s amps that hting was old

2. Then i put my old hifonics Zues i mean old in there 2 15's dam that thumped or so i thougth

3. I then put those back in my room and had 3 volfenhags15's blew two of them back then i didnt no sh!t about car audio i look back then and go wtf was i thinkin wired it all rong but w/e

4. after those blew and the 3rd one got dammaged in an accident i had a lil dubget and i bought a dual bandpass 12 inches they lit up blew and i was HIGH so it looked kool

5. Made a trade to my bro gave him the dual and my audiofonics ADF-242 the amp i used to power the Volfenhags and up and he gave me Kicker DCVR122 and a Phoenix Gold R8.0:1 . he doesnt like alot of bass so thats y we traded

4. Sold those to a friend and got a w7 and a jl 1000/1

5. and last Fi btls 2 15's Memphis 4kw 1 for now but another one comming

Cara udio is very addictive im addicted to it more than whitney houston and crack
More than pamela and breastimplants
More than Wayne Brady and bein white ha ha

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 314
also rite now im waiting for my new system and it has been about a month with no thump and im goin crazy i here thump i run outside hoppin it is my friend and he can give me a ride to some place just so i can listen to the thump i dont like showin off my system i love listening to it

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 315
also rite now im waiting for my new system and it has been about a month with no thump and im goin crazy i here thump i run outside hoppin it is my friend and he can give me a ride to some place just so i can listen to the thump i dont like showin off my system i love listening to it o yeah the kid i wait for to give me a ride has my old system in his car and a xbox 4 music and speakers and blah installed by me so listening to it really makes me feel good can i say betta than SE

X

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1455
Dru did u get a 4kw from the guy i sent u to?

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 318
im in the process of gettin i mite save up and just get 2 u no lol good looks on the hook up tho

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 104
Sounds like you in rehab Dru but I doubt when u get out you won't be able to resist the urge. The longest hit I ever took was 6 hours straight bangin on I-10 to New Orleans and back

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 241
lol... i hate to admited... when i was 15 my mom gave me 1 explod hu, 1 4 channel xplod amp, 2 xplod subs and 2 mtx 6 x 9 for my truk... just cause she wanted me to be able to play cds in this 1990 chevy truk i had... what i can say it was a good bang for the buck (free lol) i later changed the hu for a pionner and before i was able to change the subs... that car was sold woth the spund system... what can i say... it was louder than stock...

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 320
lol yea rehab more like H E Double hockey sticks with out a system and the 2 zueses in my room that were hooked up to my onkyo reciever are not workin it has to do with the reciever so no bass there either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us