RE Audio, DD, or FI?

Bronze Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 50
Whats your opinions of RE Audio,DD, and Fi Audio, for what your getting for the money. Im looking for one good SQL sub and I want something thats similar to the JL Audio W7 but everone says you can get better things for the amount of money. Any Suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3949
RE = over priced but good
DD = still pricey but worth it
FI = just like my women (good and cheap)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1677
I'd take DD over all of them and then FI.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4512
fi q, bl, btl would all be arguably better than a dub7
re mx, mt, xxx, sx would be arguablly better than a dub7
dd 3500 series and above would arguably be better than a dub7

for the record, i have not heard any of these subs above...all from word of mouth form knowledgeable people...have heard a dub7 tho

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 52
yea my friend has a 13w7 with a 1000/1 amp and im trying to trump him with a better sub and not trying to spend a sh*t load at the same time...thanks for the input... and im assuming RE Audio is out of the question and The DD 3500 series is what i should go with or possibly an Fi.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3950
try a fi BL good loud and cheap, like your mom. (sorry im on a roll tonight)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1183
RE = good but the new stuff is way overpriced

DD = expensive but worth it, the best of the three

Fi = good, and the best bang for the buck

Look at a DD 35 series and a Fi BL.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2997
DD>FI>RE IMO, DD has the best build quality but the price reflects this, FI is the cheapest but not as good as DD, i say if you have the money get DD, but if you don't just get FI, or wait till the new AA lines come out.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 126
Umm hahah

FI for sure, others you are just paying too much.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1264
How much power will you be running?

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 54
great guys thanks for the advice i really like your little equation Dustin. Can you tell me more about this AA sub tho? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2377
RE8's are the shiznit!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1681
^F uck RE8's.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4515
ascendant audio (AA) is coming out with a new line of subs and shuold be out in the summer....scott from Fi is working with AA on the subs...
ascendantaudio.com

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2999
ya what yanks said, AA is working with scott from FI, the new lines are supposed to better than the old ones and cheaper, so its up to you, also do you have an amp yet your gonna need atleast 1000wrms to beat a w7.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 55
any good websites that have good prices on the DD35 and/or Fi BL that you guys know of?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4516
ficaraudio.com for the BL...only place to buy fi

ddaudio.com for the 3500 series...find a dealer in your area or contact kevin at low-hz...low-hz.com

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 57
Nope I don't have an amp or anything once I pick the sub (DD3500 or Fi BL) I will pick my amp. But if u have any suggestions for those subs please let me know.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3000
both are great subs, in a good install either sub could easily do mid 140db's, both are sql, it all comes down to preference or price, DD has better build quality but is more exspensive, FI is still really good but not as good as DD but is cheaper, so its up to u, IMO i say get the DD but either will sub should fill your needs nicely.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1185
Do what Yanks said....

Kevin at low-hz can hook ya up with a better price than most dealers for the DD

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 58
ok so i contacted low-hz.com and they say i should go with a ($300) Rd Audio alpha 12" over both the DD3500 and Fi BL...what do you all think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1266
Fi BL

There all good go with the cheapest one and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1267
Sully Randle

How much did Low-Hz say for the DD3500? 10"12"15"

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 59
Joey, I never got a price quote for any DD3500 they said go with the Rd Audio alpha 12"...what you think?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 234
maybe because they only sell, Rd????
u just never go with a store suggestion, they will always say that what they sell is better...(remember circuitcity forum lol)
anyway im buying a Fi Q or Bl, so i will suggest that...

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 644
You can get a 3500 thru Low-Hz, but they are really pushing the RD line right now. If you are set on the 3500 I think he will hook you up. They are just working on getting the RD name out there baecause they are a rather unknown company.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 645
BTW you'll be paying about $375 for the 3500.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2048
haha i see re8's alot... power them from your HU they POUND somthing fierce!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 127
Honestly, BL.

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 296
i think a sub is just a sub. based on how it's built is the key for longevity. for me as a consumer i'll always be fi... simply put... stay tuned!

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 666
what do u guys think of the RD line? anyone have first hand experience, i'm thinking of getting an 18" alpha series

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 843
hey, anyone interested in RD go over to the ROE and search through the forums, theres a couple vids of the RD alpha's adnthey look fierce. evan (authorized RD dealer) is doin like a 153 bass race with 2 18" alphas.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 60
ok im going to call kevin at and find out about the DD3500. But from what yall said i think i might go with the Fi BL or Q...thanks for all your help

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3008
logan is selling his BL, https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/341680.html might wanna check it out.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1652
DD then tie for RE/Fi...Fi doesnt make a sub that can match up with the XXX in my opinion, however the q is a great sub if your looking to toss 800-1500rms on a sql sub.

as far as RD ive talked to ben at low-hz and they seem to be good subs, but i havent heard one yet.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 64
Ok so Im going for SQL and I want a DD3500 or more. Anyone know anything bout the DD9100 or Dd9500 Series?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1189
9100 = SQ subs

9500 = best SQL sub there is. They are about $600 and it's a waste of money of you don't have 3000 watts to run to it. The 3500 is better on 1600 watts and down.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3016
9100 is one very very nice sub, but its very very hard to find and im sure if you do find one its very exspensive, the 9500 is a beast, needs atleast 2000wrms, will get very loud and have decent sq. how much power do you plan on using.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 65
I actually have no idea how much power im gonna use yet. Im just trying to get my mind set on one single SUPER loud SQL sub now and im really sceptical about which one to pick...from what everyone has said though in the last couple days though its looking like the DD3500.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1192
The 9500 is about 1 db louder than the 3500, but it needs double the power to do it. The cost difference will be in the thousands when you take into account the amplifier and charging system needed to support 3000 watts. You can decide if it's worth it.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 66
hell no im not paying much more or even a a hundred more for 1dB...so im guessin the 3500 is what im gonna go with...so any suggestions on powering system?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1307
http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1195
Massive audio 1500.1
Kicker kx1200.1 (they are underrated)
Cadence dca1600
or any other good amp that does about 1500 watts

And an HO alternator from

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

OR

www.ohiogen.com

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 67
Joey whats this link for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1308
u

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 68
wehat about Kicker ZX1500.1 - Kicker 1 Ch 1500 Watt ZX Series Amplifier

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3739
great amp and that sub'll take it. also look at the sundown 1500d, contact kevin at low-hz.com for a great price on it.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 69
so assuming i get a dd3500 and a sundown1500d or maybe something with a little bit more power what kind of HO alternator do you suggest because i know NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about alternators. I dont even know what they do really

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3740
get the largest ho alt. you can get (that way if you upgrade later you don't have to upgrade the alt. again). and better battery and do the big 3. for batteries look at kinetik or yellow tops. as far as the alt. goes i'd at least get a 200a alt. and look for one that does a good number at idle.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 70
ok...um...so like i said i dont really know much about alts. so, any exact one that you suggest thats not super expensive. And whats Big 3? With a DD3500 am i going to need to get batteries?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1199
what kinda car is it, what year and engine?

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 670
the big 3 is a wiring upgrade, basically just running some wires in your engine bay, someone will get you a link, and yea what kinda car and year, so we know what kind of stock alt your running.oh and an alt is what powers everything electrical in your car (basically)

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 71
ok well im putting this in a 2006 Lincoln Aviator

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 676
oh sweet prolly got a big alt, do u know the alt size off hand? i guessing 130-150 somehwere in there, with that and that sundown u prolly wouldnt even need an ho alt, could prolly gewt by with a big battery and the big 3, depending on ur stock alt size...

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 678
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1799
If you get an HO alt do you need to spend the extra money on a battery? That is if you get a big enough alt. Depending on the ride, most cars will probably have an 80-105 amp alt. If you are running 1500 watts then if you went with a 250 or 300 amp alt would you ned to upgrade your battery? The alternator should be providing proper voltage, but would it mess a stock battery up? I've wondered that for a while.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 72
good so i as of now i got my mind set on the DD3500 the Sundown1500 amp, and the Big 3(which i need a link or something for). Now what should I do about my enclosure?

Username: Hyperpiper

Trinidad

Post Number: 1
i have had alpine,kicker,atomic they all sounded really great untill i putted 6 15inch 9500 DD and 6 XP crossfire 2400d this DD is god . i would personally recommend DD then MTX

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 73
u have 6,as in six, like one more than five, 15" DD9500's. HOLY SH*T! thats f*uckin awesome. please send me some pics to srandle@ves.org asap. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 66
Not to steal the thread, But would I need a HO alt for a BXI 1206d pushin a 15"?
Right now I have a 100amp alt. Could I just do the big 3 and bigger battery?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1212
^^^^^^

lol, is that a competition system? 6 9515s would kick some serious as$ in the lanes.

And alternator is more important than battery! If you're only going to get one or the other, get the alternator.

Iraggi has 180, 220, and 240 amp alts that fit up to 2004 avaitors, I don't know much about fords so I would ask him if they will fit an 2006.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1215
Justin, just do the big 3 and you will probably be ok.

Hifonics amps are overrated, and the big 3 is usually all you need when running up to 1000 watts.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 75
anyone got links or some more info on the Big 3

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4539
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73496&PN=1

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4540
bump

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 76
I live in charlotte,nc. Any suggestions as to where I can get this done and how much it will cost me?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1817
Go to a local audio shop, or your car dealer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
M.S.
If hifonics is overrated, meaning overpriced, right? Then what kind of Amp do you suggest I should push either a Q,BL, or SSD with?
Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Allstar13

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 102
overrated meaning it does not put out as many watts as it says it does it does about 80% of what it states it does

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2062
Justin you were referring to over priced, overrated is like micheal said, when they say it will do so much and it wont even do that. Underrated - amp does more then it says

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3424
used RE SX 15" for $250ish shipped FTW :-)

Username: Hyperpiper

Trinidad

Post Number: 2
i live in TRINIDAD and that is my competition system the only thing is give me heat rite now in trinidad is 10 15inch juggernaut

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Lol, I know what overrated means, it also means overpriced because I would be paying for amperage that I wasn't getting.
Do yall have any better suggestions for amps then, that I could use to push a 15" BL,Q or SSD?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1250
" overrated meaning it does not put out as many watts as it says it does it does about 80% of what it states it does "

Exactly.

Hifonics amps are good budget amps for the price, they just don't put accurate power ratings on them. A 1206d would be fine for an SSD, and a 1606d would be fine for a Q or BL, although you could put more power to those subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
So they are good for the price then? The amp isnt gonna get all stupid and f!ck up on me is it?

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 78
no you shouldnt have any problems with hifonics

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Well, now it looks like a can get a Memphis 1000.1 for about the same price. Would I still be okay with a 100amp and the Big3, or just go HO?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1277
HO alt is always better but when running about 1000 watts or less you can usually get by without it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us