12inch CVRs or L5s

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 105
ok i have a choice trading with one of my buddies my 2 12inhc L5s in a sealed box on a 2 channel Hifonics Zeus amp (600 x 1 at 2ohm 300 x 2 at 2ohm) for his 2 12inch CVRs in a sealed box on the same amp. You think i should do it cause i am under power the L5s really bacd and would power the CVRs to the fullest.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1180
Go for it! The CVRs should sound 100x better, kicker square subs have terrible SQ.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 106
but what will b louder

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1260
Trade em but put the 12" CVRs in vented box. It will sound twice as loud.

The box

2.8cf 33 sq in vent 16"long thats for each sub.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 504
in the power situation id say the cvr's, but there is noooo comparison of loudness

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
i had 2 cvr 12's in good ported, and now 2 l5 12's in sealed, and the l5's sounded better and way louder

both on memphis prd1000.1

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 107
ok well another one of my friends has 2 12inch MTX 4500 in a MTX LOUD BOX and he wants to trade to but the only reason why i would give up the L5s is because they are being under powered WAY underpowered and i no i can get better and louder from either of these subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
ohhh u got 1 hifonics 600 watt, didnt see, but yea the l5's dont like bein underpowered lol, either of the others should be better

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 108
yea i think im going to go with the MTXs only because the box is ported and they have been barley used and there really loud and i would be powering them alot better then the L5s

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1181
MTX > square kicker

Bronze Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 51
do you really think mtx is better than sq. kickers? in what aspect are they better? Im not disagreeing with you i just want to know.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1679
^In SQ maybe,for SPL subs though I'll stick with Kicker.

Bronze Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 53
oh thats intresting i have kickers but have never heard MTX's and I hear that the Thunder 9500 is louder but has bad SQ compared to kicker

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1182
The MTX will sound better than the kicker, but that's not saying much since the square kickers have absolutely no SQ. They sound bad and are built like crap (well actually they probably build them ok, it's the square cone design that causes all the problems). They are loud, but thats it.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 297
is it wrong to just want big heavy bass with no SQ i mean i love my L7s people say they sound like s h i t but i love them they get pretty loud but yeah ill admit just about anyother sub has better SQ but if i wanted SQ i prolly would have got a Fi Q or a mainstream W7 but all i care about SPL at an affordable price

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1186
" is it wrong to just want big heavy bass with no SQ "

Absolutely nothing wrong with that if it's what you want, but most people also want their system to sound good. I still don't recommend L7s even for straight SPL applications, due to their extremely high failure rate. I personally want equipment that will be as good 5 years later as the day I bought it.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 109
yea but wont the MTX 4500 get nice and loud but i mean the kicker were loud but i was underpowering them pretty badly and the MTX 4500s i would power them just right

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 232
carl, either way you'll sound better,but put those solo's in a ported box and you'll be very loud.even underpowering them.the 10in solos must be built better than the 12 and 15s because i pounded mine for over a year(10 in L5)450rms rated but i had 700rms on it and it never missed a beat but sq wasnt nuthin to brag about.actually it was pretty embarrasing on some songs.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 110
yea i think im going to get the MTXs cause there going to b just as loud if not louder and have alot better SQ. They might b louder cause the L5s are in a sealed box but the MTXs are in the custom made MTX box

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1269
Heres what I would do sell the Kicker solo Baric L5s and the box and the amp and start over.

Go to Ficaraudio.com get a Fi Q 15" dual 2ohm 1000RMS $279 shipped.

And this amp and you will be beaten down the block.
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2635

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 111
i would sell everything but i dont know who i would sell to and i mean wouldnt the 2 12inch MTXs be alot louder then just the 1 15inch FI Q. cause i mean im not even sure if i can fit a 15 in my car. I have a 2005 Saturn Ion and i dont think i could get the box in. already with my 2 l5s the box almost dosnt fit. so i dont think a 15 could fit in my car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us