Sony\Dual LMAO!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2029
I looked at my friends system for him last night because he said it sounds like its messed up... He had a 2ch 1000watt sony amp. and 2 12' Dual 8ohm subs... i started laughing at that when i seen it.... then i seen how his wires were all ran.... i asked him how many times he burned stuff out.... "like 8 times, 3 of these kill switchs and a bunch of fuses" i asked him where his kill switch was because he had a tiny wire jumping the remote from +12V on the amp... he said it was in the inline wire.... i laughed at him alot more.. told him thats like half his problem... tiny little switch probally only letting like 10amps threw it he said it gets hot... and then at the battery.... he had barer wire tied in a knot around the battery clamp. I just cut the wire clean and smashed it under the metal aux power in the fuse box that connects to the battery on a 4guage its like a 1 ft. wire. but its in there really tightly, between two flat piece of metal.. so i think that should be good enough for only 60amp tops.... well 60amp fuses in amp... haha sony.., that explains another reason all the fuses in the front poped... garbage connection at the battery 6inchs from inline fuse... lot of heat made.....

I basically cleaned it all up for him and told him to run a new power wire... btw all of his power wires are random wires twisted togethor.. haha i told him new ones wouldnt be a bad idea... to go buy some 8gauge or somthing... its not going to pull more then that with that amp..

i showed him what my JBL amp does to them and he kinda wants to buy it now lol but he dont have the money. I had the amps gain still like 25% under where i shoulda had it and the subs sounded 100x louder.... btw that was with the amp in my ride still..his power sucks

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2175
That means you gave the Duals 5 million times more power? Oh wait...loudness is subjective.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 2034
didnt get tooo much louder, but they moved alot better and sounded alot cleaner
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us