Dual 8" setup?

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 153
sup guys. i have gone through quit a few different subs in the last couple months. 10's and 12's. but with the limited space, i hate having to move my seat forward just to fit the d@mn box in there. and i already put a box as my center console, but i really like the stock look. so here is my plan. i want to do a dual 8" setup. i have been looking at the j 8w3v2 dual 4 ohm subs. and to power it probably a kicker zx750.1. or go with a pair of the soundsplinter rl-i8's powered by a hifonics bxi 1206d. both setups would be in their recomended ported enclosures. which do you guys would sound better or maybe get a little louder? i have never heard the soundsplinter subs. but i have heard alot of jl's. but i think the rl-i8's will pound a little harder. let me know what you guys think.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1649
I think you need quite a few 8''s to get fairly loud so...I know I wouldn't be satisfied with two.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2171
8s can get REALLY loud if you give them a lightning strike.

Upload

It really shows how big lightning really is doesn't it? It's a few feet in diameter it looks like.

Silver Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 155
i dont want the subs to get hella loud. this is going to be a sq setup. but which setup would sound better? anyone heard some jl 8" subs? or any other sub manufacturer?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2359
RE8's!!!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/MDW1966/?action=view&current=5370880e.pbr

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 638
I have heard that those SS are awesome. Haven't heard any personally tho I think you would be happy with either setup, or even the RE8s. Personally tho I would go with the Digital Designs 1508. Those look sick and they would be cheaper than the SS. Me likey

Silver Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 156
hell yeah. i didnt even know digital designs made a 8 inch sub. i will definitely look into them. thanks ben.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 641
No problem man. I would highly recommend doing those DDs.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 468
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/SoundSplinter/rli8.1.wmv

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2370
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/re8.13.wmv

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4920
All good suggestions :-) The DD's and JL's would really be nice, though.

quote:

It really shows how big lightning really is doesn't it? It's a few feet in diameter it looks like.

Lightning itself is about as thin as a pencil, I think you're talking about the luminous corona (made of hot ionized gases) which envelops the lightning channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us